Valentine's Day Collection

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
fluttershy

Re: Valentine's Day Collection

Post by fluttershy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:00 pm

I would love some eyeshadows to coordinate with the Naked 3...I love rose gold, and some deeper pink and rose gold eyeshadows to accent and play around with would be lovely. But that's just me. :)
Some already-existing SN colors that I've found work sooooo perfectly with the Naked 3 dupe are:

*Goddess - oh my gosh this really is perfect. It fills that gap between Cache and Status and is just my favorite color in the whole world.
*Burnout - lovely darker color that's very complimentary
*Prowl - even darker, also very complimentary
*Custom
*Fierce
*Naughty
*Cloudberry
*Sandy
*Trouble
*Propinquity (maybe not quite so much but is a lot of fun)

I have more peachy pinky mauvey rose goldy shadows than I ought to...
JeiaMoore

Post by JeiaMoore » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:34 pm

Ooh Valentine's collection! :shock:

I'd especially love a sheer deep pink or red-pink, non- shimmery, Black Label lippie. There's not enough sheer or non- shimmery colours in that moisturizing formula and I think a hint of deep pink or red-pink would make lips look suitably kissable for Valentine's :lol: .

For blush, I think a matte, light cool pink is missing from the line up (something like a bit more pigmented version of the gorgeous, but long discontinued Cheeky).

Maybe more colours in the cream shadows? I'd particularly like a brown/grey/plum colour mix like Lurid.

Thanks for asking for requests ;) .
Heidiv

Post by Heidiv » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:28 pm

I hate to bring this up since the inventory is still huge but I don't think we got to vote in any GWP to the permeant line, did we? I'm sure there are several well loved that we'd love to see come back. Would that be possible for Valentines?

Thanks for asking as always Karen
ErinL

Post by ErinL » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:46 pm

Valentine's Day!! :D I would love a few more duochrome cream shadows. They are alllll I wear now!
--A pink with pink/gold shift (like Quiver).
--A peach with purple/blue shift (like Adorn.
--A cream/white color with duochrome--like Fire or Sprite.

Please? :-)
Maeva

Post by Maeva » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:47 pm

Heidiv wrote:I'm sure there are several well loved (GWPs) that we'd love to see come back. Would that be possible for Valentines?
Sounds good to me :P I keep hoping for another M.A.C.
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:21 am

fluttershy wrote:
I would love some eyeshadows to coordinate with the Naked 3...I love rose gold, and some deeper pink and rose gold eyeshadows to accent and play around with would be lovely. But that's just me. :)
Some already-existing SN colors that I've found work sooooo perfectly with the Naked 3 dupe are:

*Goddess - oh my gosh this really is perfect. It fills that gap between Cache and Status and is just my favorite color in the whole world.
*Burnout - lovely darker color that's very complimentary
*Prowl - even darker, also very complimentary
*Custom
*Fierce
*Naughty
*Cloudberry
*Sandy
*Trouble
*Propinquity (maybe not quite so much but is a lot of fun)

I have more peachy pinky mauvey rose goldy shadows than I ought to...
Thank you so much! I have most of those but just wasn't hooking them up! I have a weakness for those colors too, specifically anything like Nars Orgasm - peach/pink with gold. So pretty. Blush, eyeshadows, lippies, I love it. Lol! Okay then I'm happy. I'll await Karen's brilliance! (Or anyone else's!) :D
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
Springfairy

Post by Springfairy » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:01 pm

Would it be possible to bring back Fig Leaf?

I also don't give up the hope on nail polish from SN.

I second Ceramic BB cream, collagen filler cream as long as it is made from natural ingredients and also the MAC Strobe Cream. Or perhaps 100% Pure's primer ?
"Everything that is done for us, without us, is not ours."
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:44 pm

Springfairy wrote: I also don't give up the hope on nail polish from SN.
I think Karen mentioned somewhere that it's not that she doesn't want to make nail polish, its just that all those solvents and chemicals, well they are very dangerous, explosive/flammable, so it's kind of a hazard having huge tubs of them sitting around.
Also, I don't know all the rules, but I'm pretty sure it's really difficult to send nail polish internationally, it's considered a hazard and can't be sent on a plane. I know some blogger got in huge trouble for it and got fined like hundreds of dollars. So that may pose a problem as well.
There is such a thing as water based nail polish, but the one I tried before chipped like right away.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
eeeksparks

Post by eeeksparks » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:30 pm

I'd love to see anything pear scented (loved the pear lip balm tin), and fruity scents of the caffeinated lip balms.
More ALGs would be great, sheer ones, or ones with green shimmer would be especially great.
Springfairy

Post by Springfairy » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:34 pm

There is a 7-free brand called Avril, it is durable, good quality and I have quite a few colours but the colours available and the cover of lighter colours are not great. They carry 32 colours and most of them are 'off'. They were shipped internationally to me without a problem.

7-free means:
No paraben
No formaldehyde
No phtalates
No toluene (except Parme)
No xylene
No camphor (except Sable Doré Nacré)
No rosin

As a business in the US you can send nail polish via ground mail internationally. If it comes to the UK, the packaging has to bear the ID8000 label (printable from the Royal Mail website) and cannot contain more than 4 polishes per package.
"Everything that is done for us, without us, is not ours."