Please help me put together an order for long time friend.

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Autumn

Please help me put together an order for long time friend.

Post by Autumn » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:38 am

Hello:

I got a Christmas card from a friend today that I have known for decades. We meet in middle school.

She has been unable to work for years. Her husband has cancer. Her sister died.

Any suggestions? I am thinking lip balm (or two); some skin care samples, some neutral eye shadows, etc. She is in the US and I would like to keep the total order under $25.00.

She has beautiful olive skin. When her health was well, she worked as a cosmetic sales assistant.

Thank you,

Autumn
zooeyblue

Re: Please help me put together an order for long time frien

Post by zooeyblue » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:14 pm

I think Homecoming Queen eyeshadow would be a great choice. It is one of my favorites, and now one of my Mom's favorites, too! We have different tones of skin, different eye and hair colors, and Homecoming Queen is flattering for both of us. I can add so many colors with this one to dress it up or down.
~Tracy~
Autumn

Post by Autumn » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:34 pm

zooeyblue wrote:I think Homecoming Queen eyeshadow would be a great choice. It is one of my favorites, and now one of my Mom's favorites, too! We have different tones of skin, different eye and hair colors, and Homecoming Queen is flattering for both of us. I can add so many colors with this one to dress it up or down.
I have Homecoming Queen and it is a favorite of mine. My friend is Italian and has very pretty olive skin. I am fair. Would this look nice on someone with olive skin?

I am also thinking a sample of cleansing oil. Lip balms and finishing powders/glows.

I could go crazy but want to keep it within my budget.
kchalbi

Post by kchalbi » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:58 pm

I have olive skin and love Homecoming Queen! But it might depend on how dark she is and how much shimmer she likes. Smooth and Full is a great balm! I love all the skin care too, great ideas!
catlover

Post by catlover » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:28 pm

I have olive skin as well and I think model is flattering, I like to use homecoming queen as a highlight and on the inner eye corners. Flash is super pretty too.
cristy_amk

Post by cristy_amk » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:54 am

How about one of the Skin Care Sample Kits? Reasonably priced and it gives her some variety. Just need to find out if her skin is dehydrated or acne prone.
Maeva

Post by Maeva » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:55 am

How about a nice finishing powder to perk up her complexion?
I am not olive toned (G2-G3 in SN's HDCF) but Flattery seems to work well with most people.

When I do not feel well, I focus on improving up my overall color: Flattery on the face, a subtle highlighter dotted on the lid and brow, and a healthy lip color.
I do not have the energy for much else...
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel