What are we missing?

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
extemter

Re: magic liquid cooling powder for the face

Post by extemter » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:50 am

I realized that BE's bareMinerals Hydrating Mineral Veil is (probably) the same product as "magic liquid cooling powder." Doh! Silly me!
ega

Re: What are we missing?

Post by ega » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:06 pm

quinibug wrote:
ChristineLynnP wrote:..... I'd love to see a larger selection of non-shimmery lip colors....
Yes, more non-shimmery lip colors please....
That would be wonderful ... Pretty please ...
Foundation Mix: 3 x Buttery Gold : 2 x Yellow Booster : 0.5 x Green Booster : 57 x Original Ivory : 3 x Glow
Lips: Pure, Ambrosia, Reaction, Chemise, Flaunt, Cerise | Eyes: Grassroots Green, Goddess, Motive, Fuse
aud

Post by aud » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:16 pm

ega wrote:
quinibug wrote:
ChristineLynnP wrote:..... I'd love to see a larger selection of non-shimmery lip colors....
Yes, more non-shimmery lip colors please....
That would be wonderful ... Pretty please ...
Ditto :)
Current SN foundation mix: 4 Buttery Gold: 2 Yellow Boosters: 21 Medium Ivory: 8 Original Ivory: 3 Glow
Favourite SN lippies (currently): Darling, Barcelona (Gumball), Menage
Favourite SN blushers: Carnal, Satisfied
tpzhearts

Post by tpzhearts » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:03 am

It would be absolutely AMAZING to have dupes of ...

NARS Rajasthan eyeshadow duo, I'm sure this would be a huge hit!
MAC 219 pencil brush

And possibly some updated mascara formulas? I haven't tried any but from the reviews, it seems like they are prone to smudging. I just tried Tarte's "Lights, Camera, Splashes!" mascara and it was amazing - so volumizing, no smudging, adding some length (not drastic though), and I thought it was special because it never actually dried/hardened on my lashes, it was kind of like a gel texture, I loved it. Also it was not hard to remove even though it was waterproof and it didn't irritate my extremely sensitive eyes.
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:59 pm

Pomi wrote:THIS.
http://www.temptalia.com/mac-venomous-v ... more-25149
We need a clone of the Wicked Ways lipglass.
ITA and the Blush Darkly My Dear.. it is matte and a brown/plummy one would be nice. :D :D
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:01 am

MyLavenderHeart wrote:I would loooove bigger jars from SN, 50 gram ones
...aaaaaaaand I still would love this... :oops: :P
junehex

Post by junehex » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:03 am

D: UGH I WISH I SAW THIS FIRST...

I just made a thread asking for sunblock...
I don't know if anyone suggested it, unlike you i have much less patience when it comes to scrolling through hundreds of replies >___>
So yeah. I realize you have some products that currently claim sun protection, but I think a straight up sunblock would be really nice!
JenW

Post by JenW » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:41 pm

junehex wrote:D: UGH I WISH I SAW THIS FIRST...

I don't know if anyone suggested it, unlike you i have much less patience when it comes to scrolling through hundreds of replies >___>
So yeah. I realize you have some products that currently claim sun protection, but I think a straight up sunblock would be really nice!
Just to straighten this out just a bit, we don't have anything that officially claims to offer sun protection. We do use the same ingredients that are in products from other company's products that do offer sun protection, but we will not likely ever have anything tested in order to make any specific claims.

I agree a product like this would be cool, but sunblocks are considered by and regulated as over the counter drugs by the powers that be where we are located.

So yes, even though we use the same or similar ingredients, the products we sell should not be used as your method of sun protection.

(PS Please pm me if you have seen something out there on the website where we might need to revisit our description....)
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
junehex

Post by junehex » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:03 pm

JenW wrote:
junehex wrote:D: UGH I WISH I SAW THIS FIRST...

Just to straighten this out just a bit, we don't have anything that officially claims to offer sun protection. We do use the same ingredients that are in products from other company's products that do offer sun protection, but we will not likely ever have anything tested in order to make any specific claims.

I agree a product like this would be cool, but sunblocks are considered by and regulated as over the counter drugs by the powers that be where we are located.

So yes, even though we use the same or similar ingredients, the products we sell should not be used as your method of sun protection.

(PS Please pm me if you have seen something out there on the website where we might need to revisit our description....)

Yeah oops... i may have phrased that wrong. No, there's nothing that officially claims the whole "sun protection" thing, I just noticed that there were some moisturizers that included ingredients that have been known to act as natural sun protectants, and that I thought it would be cool to have a straight up sunblock to sort of add into the whole skin care thing so that sun protection is also taken care of.
Thats really unfortunate though :(
It would be awesome to see a sunblock up.
Heidiv

Post by Heidiv » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:45 am

Have you looked at the description for this?
http://host.silknaturals.com/creb/ultra ... p-817.html

Is this what you are looking for or did you want something specifically labeled as such? Or even want it listed under the skin care category? It's very expensive to get the government required testing to evaluate what the spf level is. I've seen Karen write that she's chosen not to do this so she can keep the prices down for us. I'm a long term customer and I can attest that the product above does offer sun/burn protection for myself. Many use it as a primer since it can cause a bit of a white cast but makeup applies smoothly over. What the SPF level would be? it would only be a guess but I do know it does work. If you get a chance, look up the reviews on it for yourself :) http://host.silknaturals.com/creb/ultra ... p-817.html

Does this help at all? or were you looking for something totally different? This is listed under Face products btw.