Icing vs. Coy?

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
feyith

Icing vs. Coy?

Post by feyith » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:58 pm

Icing and The Village are both nice, sheer washes of pink sparkle. Would Coy be like a toned down version of this or is the milky white too opaque to use on its own like that? I haven't had much luck with nudes since they went from liquid to solid.
egerandi

Re: Icing vs. Coy?

Post by egerandi » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:32 pm

feyith wrote:Icing and The Village are both nice, sheer washes of pink sparkle. Would Coy be like a toned down version of this or is the milky white too opaque to use on its own like that? I haven't had much luck with nudes since they went from liquid to solid.
Coy was too white for me to use on its own. All good though, because its main purpose in my arsenal was to tone down my pigmented lips and have a more true color pay off from the lippies I layered over it.
feyith

Post by feyith » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:41 am

Thanks, Andrea.

Does it have a different effect whether you layer it under or over?
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:27 pm

feyith wrote:Thanks, Andrea.

Does it have a different effect whether you layer it under or over?
I only layered it under, as a canvas. The consistency though may not allow for layering over now that I think of it, it settles into lines too much (or I'm just a bit too clumsy for that). You could try mixing it outside in a pod to change the color then apply?
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:22 pm

Icing is like a clear base with fine pink iridescent shimmer.
Coy has no shimmer at all, it is a sheer white. On it's own you can apply super lightly and blend out with your finger and it will lighten your lips. If you apply it just straight from the tube it may not go on sheer enough and be too white. It is also really useful to lighten lip colors. Use either under or over a color that is too dark and it will lighten it up. Works great for that!
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com