ALG's for Holiday....

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

ALG's for Holiday....

Post by karen » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:48 pm

I know it's a love it or hate it formula....ALG lovers what would you like to see for Holiday??
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Oxana124

Re: ALG's for Holiday....

Post by Oxana124 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:15 pm

Yay! LOVE me some ALGs!!! :)
I would love more cool toned shades, purples, plums, but without red to them. Colors like Asset, Pulse, etc.
Would love a fun sparkly color, like Broadway.
And anything with green iridescence, like a more milky/pink version of Betty, and also a more cool toned plum version of Betty.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
lambchop

Post by lambchop » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:32 pm

Eden. It's my all-time favorite, even over beloved Precious Pink. Briarwood or Romance (GWP) would also make lovely ALGs. If none of these strike your fancy, something warm and non-shimmery would be great (Hustle and Bustle rock). Thanks for asking Karen.
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:38 pm

Thanks for asking!
1) Would LOVE A Betty-cousin in ALG with those green glimmers, and in an Apricot/ soft red version! :D (Adore Betty, used up half the tube allready!!)

A ripe apricot has a solid redness in the skin along with the orange colored skin also, that is what I mean with apricot/red, sort of a mix between both colors of a ripe apricot.
This Betty-cousin would hopefully be in a neutral apricot-red (without a lot of blue undertones in the red) It would have many of those subtle green "Betty-glimmers" that could make it exiting and so very special. This ALG would stand out from your other reds/coral/orange colors as they have the usual (but lovely) silver/gold glimmers in them.

Reds are not just about screaming reds anymore, and the older I get I really fall for the more toned down and neutral versions (no blue, makes me look ill, lol), that makes a polished look, are easy to wear and fun to put on without feeling quite so... "look at my lips, looooook people, I am wearing reeeeeed today..." :oops: :lol:

2) Something like a "Transformation Stick" with loooots of sparkly shimmer (not grainy glitter) that can be used to transform ANY color to a shimmer party!
A stick that - when you make it - makes you think: I can`t POSSIBLY put any more sparkle in this now, can I? Won`t the lipgloss tube EXPLODE?? :o
Then add some more sparkle for measure! Can be worn alone or over another color to pump it up 20 000%. If you make one in gold and one in silver shimmer/sparkle it will turn any color or the lips warmer or colder.
I DO know you have just discontinued the white/silvery one and the gold Exite one, probably for a good reason, but I am talking about something waywaaay super sparklier than they were. Could start off as an gumball? Just throwing it out there :D
(yes...I do love me summ sparkle...can you tell???)
LT16

Post by LT16 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:47 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sheer, cool toned colors. Something that I can just slap on without worrying about looking in the mirror to apply.

Duochrome.

A nude color would be nice too. Something with no sparkle whatsoever.

More mintyness? Like you said, people either hate it or love it and the people who love it love the tinglyness of it. So why not make it stronger? :)

From the ALGs I like The Village and Glacier.
ludmila

Post by ludmila » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:47 am

I noticed that most ALGs are either "pinky/plummy-cool" or "orangey-warm", while the neutrals are essentially sheer nudes. I would love a rich, "cosy" neutral (but not nude) colour: a brick red with a hint of plum and maybe a little bit of pink... With a warmth that comes from chocolate brown rather than orange and just enough mauve to be flattering for cool skin tones as well.
kinjali22

Post by kinjali22 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:55 am

I'm seconding, thirding the requests for sheer shimmery ALG's but in neutral colors and neutral shimmer please! I loved the thought of Glacier but could not pull it off with my olive skin tone). I absolutely love Creampuff ( shimmer and color -- I've gone through 3 tubes of it :) -- its my "nude" color)! The shimmer is actually very fine, its more of a glimmer.

I would also love to see Broadway released in ALG formula and a shimmery version of Jolt would be very cool!

And I'm totally not opposed to more mintines, I love the sensation!
ludmila

Post by ludmila » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:48 pm

Just a little comment about "more mintyness": I do like mint - it's refreshing, healing and stimulating; however in high concentrations it can dry-out and irritate the skin, so balance is key here. ALG's tingle is just right and this may be one of the reasons it's so well loved. As it is now, I wouldn't call it a love-it-or-hate-it formula, but if it gets more minty, it may become exactly that...
eeeksparks

Post by eeeksparks » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:36 pm

More sheer colors, I love Bustle and would like more shades with that sort of sheerness without shimmer. I love my shimmer, but sometimes I want something that's more of a natural look with a tint of color.
I'd also love to see duochrome colors.
LT16

Post by LT16 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:58 pm

I'm so used to Co. Bigelow's minty lip products and those never dry out my lips, but sure don't want people to lose interest/love of the ALG's....

ALG's are my favorite lip formula from SN. Whatever comes out I'm sure I'll love.