Lippies, lippies, lippies...

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
bellatete

Re: Lippies, lippies, lippies...

Post by bellatete » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:08 pm

karen wrote:Oooh arm twisted....I really wondered about Peachy Keen too. It's not a super duper seller, but I think maybe I was a bit rash and maybe it just needs a new pic? We'll keep it.
thanks so much karen!! that's really good news :-*
maybe you should put up pictures of people with different skintones wearing your products ;)
karen wrote:I'm hearing you on Cayenne too.
even more good news!! i just recently had to toss mine, cause it had gone bad, and i was putting off ordering a replacement. hopefully it'll make a comeback soon :D
karen wrote:I'm sad to see Bon Bon go- it's one of the last original Kisser Slicker colors. It's the one that got Jen hooked sooo many years ago. It's not fun for me either, but we're really out of space.
really sad about that one too, but i'm glad i still have approx. half a tube, and i already ordered a backup from the last chance section, that will go in my freezer hehe.
shiny

Post by shiny » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:42 pm

I'll be sorry to see Eden go. It really does look fantastic with tanned olive or neutral complexions. Do you think sales suffered because of a poor color swatch? Everything in that photo looks orange- nothing like the real Eden, Tender or Whirlwind (which were also discontinued).
Mairi

Post by Mairi » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:29 pm

I'd like to try Bon Bon before it goes. But the ingredient list says it "may contain" carmine, and I'd rather avoid carmine. Can you say definitively whether it does or doesn't have it?
kchalbi

Post by kchalbi » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:05 pm

Oooh arm twisted....I really wondered about Peachy Keen too. It's not a super duper seller, but I think maybe I was a bit rash and maybe it just needs a new pic? We'll keep it.
Karen you made my day!!
JenW

Post by JenW » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:05 am

Mairi wrote:I'd like to try Bon Bon before it goes. But the ingredient list says it "may contain" carmine, and I'd rather avoid carmine. Can you say definitively whether it does or doesn't have it?
All I can say is that the main pigment in this is listed as 'may contain carmine'. I would avoid it in your case.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:09 pm

I'm fairly certain Bon Bon has carmine in it...it's listed as a "may contain" on one of the pigments, and just from looking at it I think it does.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:28 pm

trixiejim wrote:Karen, will Broadway be coming back in another form eventually? It is such a stunning color. I would hate to see it gone forever.
I'm not sure I'll ever use my tube up (partially because it's large but also partially because I'm lazy and stick lippies are so much easier on-the-go) :) but I would love to see Broadway or something similar in a Slick Stick. A sheer base with tons and tons of multicolored glitter/shimmer would be a lot of fun, especially for layering over other colors, and especially for a holiday collection!
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
bellatete

Post by bellatete » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:22 pm

cclee00 wrote:
trixiejim wrote:Karen, will Broadway be coming back in another form eventually? It is such a stunning color. I would hate to see it gone forever.
I'm not sure I'll ever use my tube up (partially because it's large but also partially because I'm lazy and stick lippies are so much easier on-the-go) :) but I would love to see Broadway or something similar in a Slick Stick. A sheer base with tons and tons of multicolored glitter/shimmer would be a lot of fun, especially for layering over other colors, and especially for a holiday collection!
totally agree!! broadway needs to resurrect as a slick stick :D
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:53 pm

I totally hear you on the Sparkle, Gleaming, Broadway (and even Reflect) front....we NEED glitter! They did disappear suddenly, but we WILL as have something glittery for your lips. Sparkle and Gleaming weren't big sellers, but the people who liked them REALLY liked them, and they are handy.

It wasn't a big meanie move. When I switched the VLG's to Slick Sticks I just kind of ran out of time, knew we were also discontinuing Broadway and Reflect and decided to just rebound with something cool in the Holiday collection.

"Something cool" hasn't been determined, but it will be.

Don't worry ladies- I've got you covered :)
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
trixiejim

Post by trixiejim » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:49 pm

Karen, so glad to hear you've got us covered and will be producing something new with sparkle/glitter, my two favorite things in lippies! I love having a neutral lippie like Broadway or Sparkle to lighten up darker colors :) They are pretty on their own too :)

I would love to have something similar to Broadway in a solid form, SS or KS. And in the meantime, Kinetic works great to lighten up darker colors - I love Kinetic!

Thanks so much!