Gothic Collection

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
cclee00

Gothic Collection

Post by cclee00 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:11 am

I may be the only one, but I would love a Gothic collection. Not goth like black lipstick, but more along the lines of 19th-century Gothic, like Dark Romanticism. Maybe even a sort of literary/Gothic collection, inspired by Edgar Allan Poe, Charles Dickens, Wilkie Collins, Sherlock Holmes, Ann Radcliffe etc. It would be so fun!! There is so much inspiration in the literary and artistic movements of the 19th century - the Victorian sensibilities contrasted with the Transcendentalists, Impressionists, Romantics, the rise of the mystery story and social novel - so, so much! From Jane Austen to the Romantic poets to Poe to Dickens and Collins to Emerson and Thoreau to Conan Doyle, there is an incredible world of inspiration to be found.
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
Die Marchen

Re: Gothic Collection

Post by Die Marchen » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:05 am

Oh, that would be awesome :-) I would love to see Jane Austen collection ;-) now I am so much in love with the week wardrobe, actually these colors could be Darcy, Emma, Dashwood sisters... But hope to see them in the flesh. Yes, I definitely need a color called Dreaming of Fitzwilliam...
The idea is great! We've had Harry Potter, now we need more ;-) Raphael collection, Prerafaelit collection... You've made my day, ccleeOO!
Current ratio, Sept. 13: 1 Ebony : 1 Buttery Gold : 15 All Purpose : 5 Ivory : 2 Yellow : 1 Liberty : 1 Beach Bunny
The mix is pale and does't look yellow
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:25 am

Thank you! I think a literary collection would be awesome! :D
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
kchalbi

Post by kchalbi » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:33 pm

I love this idea, I wouldn't be able to resist a Jane Austen themed collection! Those girls were always pinching their cheeks, and it's been a while since there's been a new blush :)