Best eye makeup brushes for mineral makeup?

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Alli1023

Best eye makeup brushes for mineral makeup?

Post by Alli1023 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:31 pm

I am interested to know what specific eye brushes you all like best for applying mineral makeup? I am looking for a good shadow brush to apply color and also a good crease brush to use with mineral makeup. Please share with me what brushes you use....thanks!
catlover

Re: Best eye makeup brushes for mineral makeup?

Post by catlover » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:47 am

Hi alli1023 I would definitely recommend the ultimate wet/ dry shadow brush its great for applying colour and its versatile as you can use it wet to create a foiled look. It's also a good brush for crease work . I also have the bamboo blending brush that i use to blend any hard lines in the crease or outer eye its a good brush and very soft the ultimate eye liner brush is fantastic too .The brushes are good quality and are good value I haven't been dissapointed with any of them.

Lisa
Alli1023

Post by Alli1023 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:27 pm

thank you! I will look into all of those that you recommended. I originally was thinking ecotools, everyday minerals, etc. Never even thought to look on silk naturals site for brushes!
feyith

Post by feyith » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:09 pm

I really love the Eco Tools eyes kits.
Ryene Astraelis

Post by Ryene Astraelis » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:33 am

feyith wrote:I really love the Eco Tools eyes kits.
Seconded.
JenW

Post by JenW » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:03 am

This one is very close to the basic ecotools eyeshadow brush.

http://host.silknaturals.com/creb/flat- ... -1074.html

The thing that always bugged me about kits is there would be brushes that I would have liked one or two more, and others I never touched. I pretty much use something like this and a really flat but thin liner brush, more like a miniature and flatter version of the one above.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
JenW

Post by JenW » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:03 am

This one is very close to the basic ecotools eyeshadow brush.

http://host.silknaturals.com/creb/flat- ... -1074.html

The thing that always bugged me about kits is there would be brushes that I would have liked one or two more, and others I never touched. I pretty much use something like this and a really flat but thin liner brush, more like a miniature and flatter version of the one above.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
bellatete

Post by bellatete » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:22 am

i have quite a collection of makeup brushes from everyday minerals, some ecotools and very few from sn and austrian/german drugstore brands. i'm such a brush hoarder :oops:

even though i cannot get my hands on any more edm brushes, since they stopped shipping internationally :( my go-to eyebrushes are still from them --> especially the angled eyeliner brush, the plain flat eyeshadow brush and the eye kabuki (this one is oh so universal!! i have already used it to apply eyeshadow, highlighter, concealer, even foundation). when i was still doing more elaborate eye looks (more than eyeliner, that is... i got lazy) i was usually using their angled blending brush for the crease. they have another blending brush with longer, dome shaped bristles, which is (in my humble opinion) quite rubbish for the crease, since the bristles are too long and bendy, but good for very softly blending edges. at the moment i am using it to blend my sn creamy concealer all over the face and it works great.

the ecotools eye brushes that i have (tried so far) are by far not as soft and pleasant to use as edm, or even the ecotools facebrushes. however, i very much love their bronzer brush for applying my sn foundation. it is very dense and soooo soft, and it gives quite a flawless finish.

from sn the only eye brush i have is the ultimate eyeshadow brush, but it honestly didn't impress me. the angled liner end is fine to use, but i just couldn't handle the other end. the eyeshadow got flicked everywhere, and it wouldn't blend well. on top of that, i dislike double-ended brushes, as i cannot store them in an upright position.

i also have the fibre optic blush brush, which is excellent for applying blush and bronzer without overdoing it, and the ultimate blush brush, which is a nice travel version of the ecotools bronzer brush, though maybe not quite as soft.
catlover

Post by catlover » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:37 pm

Ecotools Brushes are good value however the handles aren't very secure and loosen quickly. I only have a blush brush so i dont know if this is a common issue with this brand or not ,but i have come across reviews online that mentioned a similar complaint .I only had the brush a short time before I noticed that the base was getting loose . I am even careful when washing it. I agree with Jen on the eye kits.
rymorg2

Post by rymorg2 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:57 pm

I have two sets of makeup brushes I got from Hautelook when they were having a sale on Crown Brushes. I do love them, but my favorites are probably still my MAC brushes.
Cosmetology Educator with gluten sensitivity, eczema and other ingredients sensitivities
Vegan Ivory, 10 scoops to 1 scoop buttery gold[/color]