Summer 2013 is LIVE!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
kookith

Re: Summer 2013 is LIVE!!

Post by kookith » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:09 pm

I'M SO EXCITED I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START!!! :lol:

Edit: I typed this in the other forum and thought I'd post this here too.

I've been using the bra strap holder for years and love it... they really solve the irritating problem of my straps slipping off my shoulders constantly. It's really easy to put on - the trick is to grab your bra straps and bring them to the back of your neck. Hold your bra straps there with one hand, and put on the holder with the other hand. Once affixed, you can then easily pull down the holder to between your shoulder blades. Did that make any sense at all? I'm bad at explaining.
Who says a chick can't love make up and World of Warcraft at the same time? :D

http://kookith.wordpress.com/
http://megsmakeup.com/aff/11035/4
catlover

Post by catlover » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:59 pm

nice collection! I really like the funky labels too. Betty looks neat def want it. There are so many lip colours to choose from .... Ill have to pace myself :S love the gadgets and gizmo section as well.
Mairi

Post by Mairi » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:07 pm

Thanks for the tip, kookith!! The strap holder is going right in my cart now. And thanks Karen for including it in the collection!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:17 am

Flame Out was DH's idea- I liked FAB and a lot of the other suggestions, but when I heard Flame Out- well, he just nailed it.

Thank you all so much for the kind words! It felt really good to bring Swank back- so many that are gone are really gone (stupid discontinued pigments), and aaah my old friend! I had forgotten how cool that color was.

Nice tip for the strap holders!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:03 pm

I got my order! And it is so exciting!
We do have tropical storm Adrea here today, so pretty much no natural daylight for taking photos, but hopefully it will past in the next few days.

I tested all the lippies I got, and I really really love them!
Innocent is like the perfect pink for me.
Betty is so super pretty, and if I add some of Coy to it, then it just looks amazing, one of my favorite combos.
Icing is super pretty, loved the liquid gloss, this is even quicker and easier to use, just the perfect wash of sheer iridescent pink, goes pretty much with everything.
Shrieking Violet is great, I knew I loved that from having the gloss, together with Coy it is even more wearable and pretty for a daytime look.
Modern Poet is my perfect nude! I've been looking for something like discontinued EDM English Muffin for a long long time, and this is it!
Swank is so cool, glad I finally got to try it. It gives my lips a deeper nude look, and looks a tiny bit metallic. It is sheer, so not a dramatic look at all. I think it will also be fun to layer with others.
St Tropez is the only one that is just ok for me. It is a bit too warm. I think if you have warmer toned lips this will totally be a MLBB color.
I already mentioned Coy, and it is just the perfect lippie to layer with other, I think I will be using this a TON!
Vroom is an insane bright red! Not sure I can pull it off, but it is good to have a red just in case for some looks, maybe some of my YouTube videos. If I put The Village over it, that makes it much more wearable for me. Still a very dramatic look, but very nice.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com