Spring is Live!!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
fluttershy

Re: Spring is Live!!!

Post by fluttershy » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:36 pm

My package arrived!! I didn't order a large amount of items from the spring collection; however, I did pick up Briarwood, and I love it! It's definitely a "your lips but better" shade for me, it's the perfect color!

In all honesty though, I don't see a huge difference between the "slick sticks" and the lipsticks, but I'm not complaining! :)

The blush GWP is lovely too, although I'm going to have to figure out how to apply a loose powder blush.
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:12 pm

I don't think the Slick Sticks are supposed to be different, I think they are exact same formula as Amplifying Lip Glazes, but with Vanilla instead of Mint, for those that don't like the mint.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
fluttershy

Post by fluttershy » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:12 pm

Oxana124 wrote:I don't think the Slick Sticks are supposed to be different, I think they are exact same formula as Amplifying Lip Glazes, but with Vanilla instead of Mint, for those that don't like the mint.
Luckily, I love both. :) I wasn't sure if there was a distinct difference between the Slick Sticks and the Vegan Lipsticks though--they seem pretty similar, although the lipstick is a bit...denser?
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:30 pm

I love both too :)

I absolutely love Bellrose with The Village over it, it is totally a MLBB color for me.

And Broadway looks like magical fairy dust, so pretty and sparkly, yet not chunky sparkle so you don't feel it, it is not gritty. Add some nice dimension to the lips.
rymorg2

Post by rymorg2 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:33 am

Already ordered the MAC and I am placing an order later today for some of the new stuff! I would be in the market for a white and a black stick em too Karen!
Cosmetology Educator with gluten sensitivity, eczema and other ingredients sensitivities
Vegan Ivory, 10 scoops to 1 scoop buttery gold[/color]
rymorg2

Post by rymorg2 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:34 am

Btw correct me if I'm wrong, but Karen's first post in this thread says the slick sticks are the ALFa without plumper and menthol.
Cosmetology Educator with gluten sensitivity, eczema and other ingredients sensitivities
Vegan Ivory, 10 scoops to 1 scoop buttery gold[/color]
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:08 pm

Hey just wanted to pop in to say 'wow' at the new collection. Everything looks delicious and the new cream eyeshadows are top of my 'must explore' list. Very much looking forward to trying the pixie lippie.

Thrilled to see that MAC is back, that's a must for any newbies and a really generous way to be able to collect the GWPs when you perhaps cannot order regularly, very gracious of the team to offer that.

Am really missing being a part of the forum now that I don't have internet access at home but you're still my fave shop in the entire world. Hugs x
eliz1

Post by eliz1 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:28 pm

I should get my package Monday but I just wanted to come on and thank Karen for not adding Stevia to the new Slick Sticks!!!! I can't do any kind of real or artificial sweeteners and so many other companies add them to their lip sticks/glosses lately that it's becoming difficult to fine one's without!!! So THANK YOU!!!!

Based on Oxana's swatches, I CANNOT wait to try (everything I ordered!) but mostly the Village SS.... I'm hoping it's similar, (I know not in color but in the effect) of my beloved but dearly departed Swank:)
LT16

Post by LT16 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:22 am

Just wanted to post my feedback on the Slick Sticks. I think these are very similar to the Kisser Slickers in terms of glossiness.

I have Bellerose, Strawberry Fields, and The Village.

My favorite out of the three is The Village. I am finding that any SN gloss that didn't work for me before can now be wearable with just topping it with The Village SS. It tones down the lipstick color beautifully and gives it a nice iridescent look to it. This one is a keeper.

Strawberry Fields is also nice, but I was hoping it was even sheerer than it already is. I can wear this one and top it with The Village and it's good to go.

Bellerose is also nice but it's the least glossy of the three. I can wear it alone or top off with The Village and both looks good.

Great job on the cream shadows. I am wearing Brownstone as a liner today. I used a liner brush and swiped some off the applicator to line my lids.
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:50 pm

I know the idea of a clear cream shadow has been mentioned a lot, and I never said anything about it because I figured pouring loose pigment into the little tube container and mixing it up would be impossible for me and I'd rather just buy a premade color.
However, after using the cream shadows for a bit, I do think a clear shadow would be real useful for blending purposes. Let's call it a cream shadow blending gel or something like that. Because there are times I apply a different amount to each eye accidentally and my shadows look different intensities on each eye, and I wish I could just use something to blend one eye a bit more, but once the shadow is dry it is too late. I wish I could re-wet it somehow. Using water doesn't work as it just melts the shadow away completely. Also, it would also be useful for re-wetting your shadow to blend different colors together for a more complex eye look.
So basically some clear gel that would re-wet the cream shadow that is already dry on your eyes and allow you to blend it out again. That would be super useful I think :)