Can someone help me choose skin care?

nfig

Can someone help me choose skin care?

Post by nfig » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:11 am

I haven't used Silk Naturals products in quite some time due to pregnancy and not knowing what was safe. My skin has changed a bit since the last time I used it (maybe 2.5 years ago). My skin was the best it's ever been while using Silk Naturals but I want to be sure that I am getting the right products. About me/my skin:

-I'm 30 so anti-aging/prevention is a plus
-I tend to get VERY oily, very easily and my skin cannot tolerate any kind of skin care product with an SPF and I do not tolerate oils very well (jojoba oil breaks me out terribly)
-I get random sporadic breakouts every few weeks, but wouldn't say I have acne. Using oil-based products will surely give me acne so I avoid those
-I recently began getting milia on my eyelids although nothing in my skin care near the eyes has changed in months, so I don't want anything too rich

I'm not sure if this was helpful or not but I'd like a rec for a toner, serum, and daily lotion. Thank you so much!
JenW

Re: Can someone help me choose skin care?

Post by JenW » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:56 pm

What did you use before? I am assuming you are not pregnant or breast feeding at this time. Definitely go with samples.

For the acne, try BHA Toner. Serums get a little more tricky as it all depends on what your skin will tolerate. Some good ones to try are Awesome Sauce and Super Serum. If neither of those work, try Mama's Helper.

A lotion. Is this for your face or general skin? The skin producing oil usually has little to do with acne and more to do with the skin being dehydrated. I would try a moisturizer like Hemp if you are looking for something to help seal in hydration to help the skin not overproduce oil. Another general hydration serum might be in order, too, to layer over the treatment serum. Maybe Green Tea & Aloe?
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
nfig

Post by nfig » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:43 pm

I've used Super Serum with success in the past. Which would be better that or he Mama's Heloer? I I buy the Green Tea Serum, Super Serum, Oil Control Serum, and Hrmp lotion, what order should I use them in the AM and PM. I had good success with the Oil Control Serum in the past but don't remember how/when I used these items. Thanks!
JenW

Post by JenW » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:40 pm

I think Super Serum is a little more intense if your skin candle it.

AM:Super Serum, Oil Control Serum, Hemp

PM:Super Serum, Green Tea & Aloe, Hemp

You may need to drop one of the Super Serum applications, though. I tend to think day application is optimal for it.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com