Holiday??!!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
zeebs

Re: Holiday??!!!

Post by zeebs » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:21 pm

cclee00 wrote:
One veeery last thing - I have been on the hunt lately for a bluey-grey eyeshadow. Preferably matte, and much more on the grey side than the blue so as to completely avoid any potential 80s looks. Sort of a steel or storm blue (those colors in my imagination), like a darker Dove crossed with, say, Twilight. But matte. Rather like "Cool Gray" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cool_gray#Cool_gray or "Slate Gray." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slate_gray
I would also like a blue-slate shadow. For me, I think it would need to have some warmish turquoise undertones to it, but the overall effect should be bluish-grey or claylike. I am wondering if a kit would be appropriate here...? Because slate floors always have those cool variations in color, and maybe there could be some related colors that would look good.

And come on... matching nail polish???
Charz

Post by Charz » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:25 am

ErinL wrote:I would really, really like some new lip glosses (in the wands).
I am loving the thought of :
-a medium (warm or neutral) plum--slightly lighter and more purple than Vintage
-a medium (warm or neutral) pink with gold shimmer--enough to give it a bit of warmth, but not so much that it is frosty or all-out glittery.
-a peachy-pink with gold or multi-colored shimmer
-a light raspberry color with no shimmer or just a light amount of gold and/or blue shimmer
-a warm baby-pink with blue shimmer

Please, please? :D I'm going through a "gloss phase" right now, because they are easy and more natural looking (I'm lazy--what can I say?? :lol: :lol: )--but I have almost all the current glosses that suit my coloring. I'd buy at least one of every single one of these.
+1 on lippies with interesting shimmer, and +1 on the peachy pink with gold.
I can't wear the liquid glosses myself though, and would really love some of these ideas in ALG! There's something about that formula that makes colour and especially, fine shimmer, look really really good. There's gloss, but it's not fake looking at all.

Maybe a warm red with pink or gold shimmer ALG? With the pigmentation, depth and shimmer level of Beguile, which is gorgeous, but red :D Like Stiletto but more wearable. Or a warm version of Symphony, which is so pretty but too berry toned for me.

Maybe also a cream blush in the above mentioned peachy pink? So we can have our own tubes of Nars Multiple :D
rfnandkcn

Post by rfnandkcn » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:08 am

Karen -

Any ETA on the full sized Mama's Helper? Don't mean to be pushy; I know you are so busy with new baby, Holiday collection etc., and that so much work goes into the development of new products. I just love this stuff. It is doing wonders for my skin, without any worry of breakout or irritation. I do have the Awesome Sauce, but cannot use it every day, or I do get some bumps.

I am nursing my second sample trying to make it last!

Thank you Karen!
cristy_amk

Post by cristy_amk » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:34 am

rfnandkcn wrote:Karen -

Any ETA on the full sized Mama's Helper? Don't mean to be pushy; I know you are so busy with new baby, Holiday collection etc., and that so much work goes into the development of new products. I just love this stuff. It is doing wonders for my skin, without any worry of breakout or irritation. I do have the Awesome Sauce, but cannot use it every day, or I do get some bumps.

I am nursing my second sample trying to make it last!

Thank you Karen!
Second! My skin is so sensitive that it hard for me to use certain products. Mama's Helper goes on smoothly, seems to tighten my skin, and does not break me out! I'd love a full sized version too!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:59 pm

Working on it! I'm hoping I can get the Mama's helper on the site tomorrow afternoon?
Holiday is delayed a little bit- the hurricane really effected a lot of our suppliers, so I'm trying to sort through everything right now.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
rfnandkcn

Post by rfnandkcn » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:41 pm

Thanks Karen!

I am glad that you all came through the storm safely, and are only dealing with delays and not anything worse. It is such a tragedy. We need to keep all of those affected in our prayers.
carro

Post by carro » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:20 am

I´d love to see doubloon, specimen and GARDEN PARTY back.
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:41 am

I'm likely late to the game, but how about a super hand lotion/cream? I'm thinking miracle in a tube: targeting age spots (aha? Lemon juice?), has vitamin c and other good stuff, encourages collagen production, highly moisturizing, even for the cuticles? Could be a night treatment we could wear with a glove, so something rich would be nice.

I know we can achieve all this with the different toner and serums plus creams, but would be cool to have a special cream for the often-forgotten hands :)
Springfairy

Post by Springfairy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:04 am

I second that. Also running around a lot with my lippies I realised that I'd like a lippie holder that's easy to find in my bag. Currently using a small knitted mobile sock but lippies keep falling out.
"Everything that is done for us, without us, is not ours."