Holiday??!!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Cupcake

Re: Holiday??!!!

Post by Cupcake » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:56 am

JenK wrote:How about a Red( ShimmerLESS) BlackLabel Lippie. Is it possible to do a Red-Nude lippie, like Aria but red?
There was an amazing colour on limited issue a couple years ago called Casual Red which I think was an early butter cream formula prototype? The colour isn't a million miles away from Symphony but it was shimmerless, rich and creamy and it would be a magnificent choice for the Black Label luxury option. Is that the kind of thing you're thinking of?

I could live happily ever after with just Symphony but I'll wholeheartedly +1 any request for another Black Label colour, especially in that colour range. :)
JenK

Post by JenK » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:05 pm

Cupcake wrote:
JenK wrote:How about a Red( ShimmerLESS) BlackLabel Lippie. Is it possible to do a Red-Nude lippie, like Aria but red?
There was an amazing colour on limited issue a couple years ago called Casual Red which I think was an early butter cream formula prototype? The colour isn't a million miles away from Symphony but it was shimmerless, rich and creamy and it would be a magnificent choice for the Black Label luxury option. Is that the kind of thing you're thinking of?

I could live happily ever after with just Symphony but I'll wholeheartedly +1 any request for another Black Label colour, especially in that colour range. :)
Cupecake,
That sounds like the perfect Black Label Red Lippie!!
I tried Symphony when it first came out. I can't remember what I didn't like about it. Maybe too pink on me or too much shimmer? The Black Label formula is the best...sad thing is I still need balm under it (works outside, plus along the windy coast so my lips/skin take a beating). I would be happy with any new colors in Black Label :)
ErinL

Post by ErinL » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:53 pm

I would really, really like some new lip glosses (in the wands).
I am loving the thought of :
-a medium (warm or neutral) plum--slightly lighter and more purple than Vintage
-a medium (warm or neutral) pink with gold shimmer--enough to give it a bit of warmth, but not so much that it is frosty or all-out glittery.
-a peachy-pink with gold or multi-colored shimmer
-a light raspberry color with no shimmer or just a light amount of gold and/or blue shimmer
-a warm baby-pink with blue shimmer

Please, please? :D I'm going through a "gloss phase" right now, because they are easy and more natural looking (I'm lazy--what can I say?? :lol: :lol: )--but I have almost all the current glosses that suit my coloring. I'd buy at least one of every single one of these.
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:04 pm

ErinL wrote:I would really, really like some new lip glosses (in the wands).
I am loving the thought of :
-a medium (warm or neutral) plum--slightly lighter and more purple than Vintage
-a medium (warm or neutral) pink with gold shimmer--enough to give it a bit of warmth, but not so much that it is frosty or all-out glittery.
-a peachy-pink with gold or multi-colored shimmer
-a light raspberry color with no shimmer or just a light amount of gold and/or blue shimmer
-a warm baby-pink with blue shimmer

Please, please? :D I'm going through a "gloss phase" right now, because they are easy and more natural looking (I'm lazy--what can I say?? :lol: :lol: )--but I have almost all the current glosses that suit my coloring. I'd buy at least one of every single one of these.
The last one on your list is Icing, it's exactly what you want, a baby pink with blue shimmer :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
Springfairy

Post by Springfairy » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:28 pm

Does anyone know why the new products and gumball sections are unavailable?
"Everything that is done for us, without us, is not ours."
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:34 pm

I got a little excited too, but then I realized that a lot of other sections are down too. I think it's something wrong with the site, rather then new products being posted.
ChristineLynnP

Post by ChristineLynnP » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:35 pm

Oxana124 wrote:I got a little excited too, but then I realized that a lot of other sections are down too. I think it's something wrong with the site, rather then new products being posted.
Oh, boo :( I haven't been buying much makeup lately, but I had the sudden urge to come over to SN, and when I saw the gumballs and New Products sections were down, I got really hopeful and came on the forum to see if that meant good news. I didn't even check to see if anything else was down, but now that you mention it, I see that a lot of things are down.
Check us out on etsy: www.titanweave.etsy.com
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:13 am

I agree with ErinL's request for a lippie that is peachy-pink with gold shimmer. For me, it doesn't have to be a wand gloss, any lippie is awesome! But I am OBSESSED with peachy-pinky-gold makeup. I have MAC Nymphette Lipglass, MAC Sandy B lipstick, and the only thing stopping me from NARS Orgasm was the yucky plastic taste. But SN lippies are the absolute best. Like Precious (my very first SN lippie ever!), but more pigmented. More pink, more peachy, and more noticeable gold shimmer (not TOO sparkly though...probably). A more pigmented Nymphette/Orgasm dupe.

Other than that, I agree with everyone else! Xarata read my mind when she asked for the lip exfoliator stick (I have a hard time with the looser grains of sugar - they go everywhere on my face but my lips).

Also, Cupcake completely and totally read my mind (we must somehow all be on the same brainwave!) when she asked for a lip balm formula in a "pod." I was so going to ask for it! I love the lip balm formula (I am picky about my lip balms!) but I also love any kind of salve or balm type of formula for everything, particularly multi-purpose. And I am strange and like cute little pots/tins/jars...I know people always say they're unhygienic but I always have hand sanitizer and I like to really glob on my lip balm. So to summarize, I agree with Cupcake and would love a sort of thinner, smooshier version of the lip balms in a non-twist-stick package.

One veeery last thing - I have been on the hunt lately for a bluey-grey eyeshadow. Preferably matte, and much more on the grey side than the blue so as to completely avoid any potential 80s looks. Sort of a steel or storm blue (those colors in my imagination), like a darker Dove crossed with, say, Twilight. But matte. Rather like "Cool Gray" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cool_gray#Cool_gray or "Slate Gray." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slate_gray
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
Springfairy

Post by Springfairy » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:04 am

I'd love if SN would make some nail friendly nail polish and parabene-free mascara!
"Everything that is done for us, without us, is not ours."
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:20 am

I would love a moisturizing lip treatment, more like a thick lip gloss consistency, in a squeeze tube. My lips get so dry in the winter and I need something more than just lip balm.
Tarte sold this Maracuja lip oil at one point on QVC and that worked wonders. Of course not only is it no longer sold, but it also had unnecessary dyes in it.