Spring Rant & Rave

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Xarata

Re: Spring Rant & Rave

Post by Xarata » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:56 am

i only apply 1 coat and i do usually blot on tissue paper with creamier lippies. If I really scrutinize my lips when i first put it on, I can see how the titanium dioxide isn't totally even, but honestly its barely noticeable then and pretty much a non-issue after the blot. I do use a peach stain underneath most of my lippies though so i only need the one coat...It does pool at the lipline after I smoosh my lips together, but i usually just wipe that off
twirl.JPG
twirl.JPG (89.31 KiB) Viewed 3678 times
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
September

Post by September » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:01 pm

Late to the party but I LOVE the KC formula. It's so smooth, smells so good, the color is smooth as long as my lips aren't chapped, and it's the only Silk Naturals lippie without avocado oil in it as far as I can tell - I'm allergic to avocados. So I'm a super happy camper that I finally get to experience some SN lippies and the color selections are great. I hope these aren't LE because I'm going through them fast.
frckls

Post by frckls » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:48 pm

September Glad you like them! I agree that the lips should be in the very best condition to rock them. Unfortunately for me, it's been really hard to achieve since I moved out from the tropical climate. :( :( :(
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:15 pm

I'm still unable to use them directly on my lips, no matter the condition of my lips. I was thinking about gifting them away, tried again, put aside, but can't stop thinking about the colors. I tried something today that gives me hope again:

I use my Smooth and Full every day, so it's sitting by my sink. On a hunch, I applied two layers of that, then Flaunt on top of it, and oooooh, pretty and smooth :) I can only do one or two layers of the color, and the lippie has to be smooth to begin with, but it very much looks like I can make this work. Love the colors, very happy about this!