Blush Help! Pinks

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
dishabille

Blush Help! Pinks

Post by dishabille » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:57 am

Hi all, am new to the forums. I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for blushes. I wear Lovelace daily and am thinking of a change from coral, is there a truly pink equivalent for it?

I also wear Satisfied (which turns a little muddy on my skin, though beautiful in texture and effect). As a reference, I'm NC25, a crazy mix of olive-gold light-medium.

I purchased Ginger but it turned completely unflattering on my skin.

Any guidance would be much appreciated, thanks!
feyith

Re: Blush Help! Pinks

Post by feyith » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:01 pm

Check out Stellar, Stardust and the swatches on both of those pages. Also you might like Tickle. The cream blushes are amazing!
kookith

Post by kookith » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:02 pm

Try Tart Light, it's absolutely stunning and don't let the colour in jar scare you - it applies lightly and gives a beautiful, natural pink flush.
Who says a chick can't love make up and World of Warcraft at the same time? :D

http://kookith.wordpress.com/
http://megsmakeup.com/aff/11035/4
dishabille

Post by dishabille » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:22 am

Thank you everyone. I will definitely be ordering samples of the colours mentioned!
catlover

Post by catlover » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:58 pm

I think you would like panache cream blush.
JenK

Post by JenK » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:13 am

My skin color sounds a lot like yours. You can't go wrong with TART LIGHT. It is scary in the jar, put always gives a healthy glow to your skin. Bronze Beauty isn't a true pink, but a brownish pink and looks very natural on me. For some reason any of the blushes with peach look muddy on me.
beachedsiren

Post by beachedsiren » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:09 am

I would second the vote on the Tart Light. It is sheer and more like a "stain" than a opaque powder blush -- without the mess of stains. It looks more natural than any other blush I have used. In fact I discarded all my other blushes once introduced to Tart Light.
dishabille

Post by dishabille » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:14 am

Thank you all! Will be giving it a try.

I would also like to thank Swatch Storm for a helpful post: http://swatchstorm.blogspot.com/2011/04 ... -post.html.
sheera_greywolf

Post by sheera_greywolf » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:22 am

Try Climax :D

I'm NC-30-35ish with golden yellow-olive undertone and Climax is awesome on me. Subtle and gives a fresh look when I go for 'no make up' make up.
dishabille

Post by dishabille » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:06 am

sheera_greywolf wrote:Try Climax :D

I'm NC-30-35ish with golden yellow-olive undertone and Climax is awesome on me. Subtle and gives a fresh look when I go for 'no make up' make up.
Thanks! The other day I tried loading up the sample of 'Climax' I have on my face and it turned out okay - I agree, it's a fantastic barely-there sheen with a strong lip colour. I don't know if that justifies getting a full size, though, as I rarely wear lip colour but always go for the cheeks and minimal eyeliner.