skin care routin advice!

rin567

skin care routin advice!

Post by rin567 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:48 pm

My skin type is oily yet not acne prone, but I do have blackheads and occasional minor breakouts (especially if I try something like a new foundation that is a bit heavy for my skin).

I recently discovered that most people use more than just a night cream and a scrub, but also a moisturizer, a toner, sunscreen, etc.

I'm not sure which products I must use on a regular basis, but would love to get some advice&help since I'm kinda new to this.
for refernce, I tried many SN products and the ones that actually made my skin BETTER were the vitamin C peptide serum, the AHA toner and the (amazing) kiss foaming cleanser.

Would love to hear any adivce you have for me :)

THANKS! ^^
landmouse

Re: skin care routin advice!

Post by landmouse » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:27 pm

I can't speak for everyone, but KISS cleanser followed by the Aloe and Green Tea Serum plus the Hemp Moisturizer used morning and night helped my oily skin tremendously. I also use BHA once every other day, and it has helped to shrink noticeable blackheads (they have not disappeared completely).

My advice would be to try samples of several different things that sound like they might work for your skin. Use each for at least a week, then order full-size versions of your favorites. Please take note: when trying out samples, try each by itself in an inconspicuous spot, be sure to add only one at a time to your routine and watch for any reactions. For example, I can use Awesome Sauce without a reaction, and I can use GT&A + Hemp without a reaction, but when I use all three in succession my face turns red and stings for approximately 30 minutes.

IIRC (someone correct me if I'm wrong), Jen's order of operations for skin care is:
1) Cleanse
2) Exfoliate
3) Tone: *note* I believe it has been stated that BHA and AHA are actually chemical exfoliators and not toners
4) Treatment serum
5) Hydrating serum: water-based to hydrate the skin
6) Moisturizer: oil-based to lock in hydration
7) SPF

You can leave out one or more of the above--i.e. I only do steps 1, 5, and 6 every single day. Other ladies prefer more, less, or different steps in their daily routine. That's the beauty of Silk Naturals samples; you can figure out what works best for you without breaking the bank.

Hope this helps!