Spring Rant & Rave

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
heidiv23323

Re: Spring Rant & Rave

Post by heidiv23323 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:06 pm

I'm sorry to jump on the KC band wagon but it's not the best formula for me. While I adore the Hey Baby that was issued as a GWP, Twirl and to a lesser extent Joy settled right into the lines on my lips and showed any and every defect. Not the most flattering look for me. I wonder if it has anything to do with the way the pigment reacts with the oils/waxes? Everything else I got from the spring release thou was amazing as usual :)

Heidi
frckls

Post by frckls » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:19 pm

I've tried applying one coat, 2 coats, and several more coats, but that still didn't fix the patchiness. They pool into lines and look scratchy on my lips. I nearly cried out of frustration. Because I want to love them so bad!

IMHO, the color that applies super-perfect on me is Blushberry. There's no pigment running around on my lips or pooling into the lines, and makes my lips Angelina Jolie style. It's sooo smooth. It's AMAZING.

Trixie-trick is the best thing I found this year. Trixie should be inside the purse of every golden girls or pigmented lips ladies out there!

And yes, my lips are pigmented. To give you the illustration, I think they're about the depth of Darling applied heavily (not that peachy) and Blushberry (not this pink as well, of course). When I feel cold they turn blue. Ew. :lol:

I understand that it's impossible to cater all the wishes. And SN's customers are already very spoiled by 9 different formulas to choose from. You just can't get lucky on everything, I guess. I'm so happy for you ladies that have success with the lippies. :D
Lemon

Post by Lemon » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:00 pm

I'm sad to agree that the Kissable Creams in Twirl and Joy apply extremely patchy on me as well (even on my best lip days). The KC formula is not as forgiving as the other formulas (especially the beloved ALG's and squeeze tube glosses). And looks sloppy on my naturally unsmooth lips.

Twirl and Joy are gorgeous in their tubes, but ended up looking a lot more pink than I expected on me. I had to also reach for Trixie or a true orange tinted lip balm to create more of a desired warmth. I feel bad for putting down Trixie when I first got it...but now Trixie (and Coy) are key items.

I assume that creating opaque creamy colors in slim tubes is tricky, but perhaps the squeeze tube formula could work better for colors like Twirl and Joy?

Now I feel that I have to look into Blushberry!!
catlover

Post by catlover » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:49 pm

I just received my package today, I got a few of the kissable creams too..I got twirl, joy and swing. I really like all 3 colours very much but they do apply patchy on me as well.:( I think I am going to try applying a lip treatment first before applying them and see if that helps.
catlover

Post by catlover » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:33 pm

I love swing, and because of its sheerness it doesn't apply patchy. It happens with twirl and joy a bit but otherwise I really like the formula it feels very creamy and comforting on my lips.
frckls

Post by frckls » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:56 pm

I think we have to give KC another shot. I left the tubes inside my warm room, so they softened. I swatched it a couple of times until the formula melded a little bit. Then got my parched lips super hydrated (yeah, I owe you one Oatmeal!) and apply the KC. This time they apply smoothly, at least much smoother than before. Any unevenness I corrected with my finger.

I'm worried that applying it on top of balm would make the pigment runs and scratchy? I haven't tried that yet tho.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:22 pm

I'm really sorry to hear that...I was going for sheerish on some of them but that's not cool that it's going on patchy.

I'm at home today (nesting...waddling around scrubbing everything), but I'll take a look at them tomorrow, and try to come up with a solution.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
heidiv23323

Post by heidiv23323 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:22 pm

It hated to say anything but I for one wanted you to know they weren't working as stellar as Hey Baby turned out. I tried balm first, I tried exfoliating my lips and putting either a little or a lot on. I hope there will be a quick fix because they do feel so nice on :)

You must be getting very close, please enjoy and don't work too hard, ok?

Heidi
naughtykittens

Post by naughtykittens » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:36 pm

I do notice that my Sweet Pea goes on just a teensy bit patchy. I suspect it is because of the probably higher-than-usual amount of titanium dioxide required to make those lighter lip shades so light (just guessing though!).

However, I LOVE this formula, and I'm sure I am the only one that even notices the slight patchiness on my lips. (My lips are moderately-to-brightly pigmented, and really dry/crusty in winter but they are not much right now, if that info helps anyone.) I will definitely be ordering more Hey Baby when mine runs out.
feyith

Post by feyith » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:08 pm

Personally, I love the colors and formula. Sweet Pea is something I've been looking for forever.