Different EyeLight finish?

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
frckls

Different EyeLight finish?

Post by frckls » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:09 pm

I just noticed that the finish of Magpie and Model I received in September 2011, and the finish of Fusion and Propinquity I received in January 2012 are different.

Sept 2011 Magpie and Model are more "shimmery", albeit very very fine shimmer.
Jan 2012 Fusion and Propinquity are smooth sheen-ish, if that makes sense. Like lit from within.

I have my Model pressed (although I still remember vividly that its finish pre-pressing was exactly as loose Magpie) and swatched the other 3, which I haven't pressed yet, loose and damp.

Propinquity and Fusion in the second picture were swatched damp with FCO to mimic its finish after pressing.

I hope Karen can confirm if there's a change/difference in the formula. I like the finish of the "newer" version better, but much prefer the "older" formula because when I press them, the finish will exactly be like the "newer" formula.
karen
Site Admin

Re: Different EyeLight finish?

Post by karen » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:19 pm

Propinquity isn't an Eyelight- don't press it because the base is nearly matte and the oils will just wreck it. The rest all vary a bit from color to color because of the different pigments used.

Pressing really changes colors quite a bit, and generally I don't recommend it.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
frckls

Post by frckls » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:16 pm

Ack! Of course it's not! Sorry Karen, my bad!!

But then, why is Fusion different compared to Model and Magpie?

In most cases (my cases :lol: ), pressing just subdues the shimmer a bit (trust me, my tanned skin makes popping shimmer turns me into clown). I always try to make sure that pressing will not alter the color greatly, if at all. After all, the creations are your baby. :)
happyhiker

Post by happyhiker » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:52 pm

karen wrote:Pressing really changes colors quite a bit, and generally I don't recommend it.
I noticed that after I pressed mine...I've since gotten a few back as loose because I preferred the color before pressing. The others I don't wear enough to repurchase as loose. Eh, live and learn.
Jill