Valentine's is LIVE!!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
egerandi

Re: Valentine's is LIVE!!!

Post by egerandi » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:20 pm

Oxana124 wrote:The clear lip gloss is great for making your own custom gloss:
Phantom left and Propinquity right:

Nice! How do you do it though? Do you premix in a container, or apply the powder with a brush to your lips and go over with the gloss?
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:34 pm

I applied a little gloss to the tip of my finger, dipped it in the shadow so it stuck all to it, then mixed on the palm of my hand. Then I swatched it for the pics. I didn't wear it since I was just experimenting with the mixing, but to wear it I'd just apply with my finger to my lips.

The only thing is I think some ingredients can't go on lips, I think ultramarines maybe? So you just can't use any shadow.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:30 pm

Oxana124 wrote:I applied a little gloss to the tip of my finger, dipped it in the shadow so it stuck all to it, then mixed on the palm of my hand. Then I swatched it for the pics. I didn't wear it since I was just experimenting with the mixing, but to wear it I'd just apply with my finger to my lips.

The only thing is I think some ingredients can't go on lips, I think ultramarines maybe? So you just can't use any shadow.
Aha! Cool, thanks.
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:54 pm

Oh, Kinetic is pretty. I might have to get that. Thank you so much for all the swatches, Oxana! It's so very helpful - if enabling. ;) And the gloss mixing idea is pretty - Phantom looks beautiful.
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
kookith

Post by kookith » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:07 am

Hi Karen, I just wanted to say CONGRATS!!
feyith wrote:Oh, forgot to add: are the eye wands going away forever or just the packaging? It seemed like most people adored the colors and the formula, just not the applicator?
I'm not sure if you answered Feyith's question or if I missed it among all the responses. Are the eye wand colours being permanently d/c? Or just the packaging?
Who says a chick can't love make up and World of Warcraft at the same time? :D

http://kookith.wordpress.com/
http://megsmakeup.com/aff/11035/4
tardis

Post by tardis » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:57 am

I want to add some love for Atomic. Since lippies tend to pull pink on me, this definitely isn't a true red as it's described. But I love it for what it is: a deep but sheer reddish/pinkish berry. It's not as full-on as Simmer—more subtle than that. It's pinker and brighter than both Berry Nice and Seedy. And pinker than Bitten. Not too bright for a professional setting.

It has about the same moisture level as Bitten too—it feels a little thicker on the lips than some of the other Kisser Slickers but not at all drying. It's also a good year-round color: deep enough for winter and bright enough for summer. Oh, and don't let the zero opacity fool you: this can apply full very easily.

It's cool but I'm a warmie who has trouble with anything too cool—particularly pink. Simmer is too cool on me but Berry Nice, Seedy, and Bitten are all fine. And Atomic works very, very well. On my lips, it looks a little deeper and slightly less cool than Jen's swatch.

As an aside, has Best Friend been discontinued?
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:27 pm

I've just seen Phyrra's swatches (first class) and am super excited looking forward to receiving my parcel any day now. Bond is exactly what I was hoping for! I'm thrilled Karen could create it. The eyeshadows are long term keepers, very stylish, and I'm delighted with this little collection. I'll be stalking the mailbox impatiently!
sheera_greywolf

Post by sheera_greywolf » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:22 am

frckls wrote:
Cupcake wrote:
frckls wrote:I always end up spending my allowances on SN stuff! :lol:
(and rent money, food money.... :lol: )
Yea I've been swindling my living cost. :lol:
Nobody's saying about books money? Bacuse that obviously I've been swindling for my SN hauls ;) (I hunted everything in pdf these days; all for those glitters!)
feyith

Post by feyith » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:39 am

You mean it's not the other way around where we have to spend our makeup money on "other" stuff? :lol:
frckls

Post by frckls » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:06 am

Oh I definitely don't print out my cases and journals, just for SN!