Replacing Raisin

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
egerandi

Replacing Raisin

Post by egerandi » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:12 pm

Raisin seems to be gone from the site, and the one I have smells funky, so I need a replacement. It doesn't have to be lipstick formula, just similar in color and depth. I'm wearing Figment right now and I would like something deeper and more burgundy without being too red. Fig Leaf is in that team as well, but just like Figment, but a bit too sheer. I was looking at Tango and Black Dahlia, even though both seem to have a bit of sheen. Is there a better substitute?
You can see Raisin when you go to another vegan lip stick like Fashionista and enlarge the swatch.
JenK

Re: Replacing Raisin

Post by JenK » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:41 pm

I hope someone jumps in w/ a replacement. I LOVE Raisin and mine too is smelly and gross :lol: . Tango is a good thought...I haven't tried it yet b/c I think it has shimmer. I had Black Dahlia and liked it, but it is nothing like Raisin on my lips. Raisin is so unique.
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:46 pm

do you have cassis (it's not offered anymore). I know my raisin went funky (it got sticky, kind of tarlike, i had to toss it). I do love tango and think you'll enjoy it. I'm willing to bet that a combo of roxie and vamp would be similar too. Also, I have some lippie decants i've been meaning to send you, but i don't think i have your newer address?

ImageImage
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:30 am

Hi everybody.....I'm new to the forum! :D

I am glad somebody brought this up. I have recently started buying from SN and with buying comes searching through the forum and website for pictures of products. Upon seeing Raisin, I fell in love.

Do you all think this color will ever be reintroduced or make a brief comeback? Or, can anyone figure out a great dupe (I only have Nectar <3 right now and I know it isn't deep enough or plummy enough to be a Raisin dupe)?
Favorites

Blush: Abstract, Maybe Baby, and Poppy
Eyeshadows: Blanket Fort, Cult, Danny, Latte, and Moss
Lipsticks: All In, Asset, Eternal, Notion, and Syntax
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:30 am

The thing about Raisin is that it doesn't work for a lot of people AND it's very dramatic (and like I said it also aged kind of strangely compared to other lippies i've had longer, maybe because it was so pigmented) so I kind of doubt that it will make a comeback (though I could be wrong)

It was somewhere between tango and cassis(dc'ed), so either of those 2 will give you the same dramatic wine color
Samantha

tardis

Post by tardis » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:34 am

Hmm. Is it discontinued or out of stock? I had Genuine kicking around in my cart for awhile and now that's missing too.
zus

Post by zus » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:50 am

I use Cassis and Raisin interchangeably but it's not on the shop anymore either..!

So what kind of funk are you girls talking about? Cause my Raisin (and recently my Cassis too) has changed smell and while I don't find it off putting per se, it is a strange smell. It's not the smell they came with but because Raisin changed in less than a year I figured it was normal and not like it'd gone bad or anything.
JenW

Post by JenW » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:08 am

There is something about the pigment used in those two colors..... For tubes that you currently own, you can try cutting a little off the end. It might help a little.

Hopefully, Karen can find something close using a different pigment......
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:31 pm

Yes, Tardis I see what you are talking about with Genuine.....what happened to this lippie? I know I saw it on the site a few days ago. I have been meaning to order Genuine too!
Favorites

Blush: Abstract, Maybe Baby, and Poppy
Eyeshadows: Blanket Fort, Cult, Danny, Latte, and Moss
Lipsticks: All In, Asset, Eternal, Notion, and Syntax
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:22 am

while i admit to keeping lippies longer than i really should, nothing really happens to them other than the oils going off, but with raisin (and a few others), they sort of solidified into a tacky tar-like texture, not just the end but the whole tube. raisin was by far the worst one.
Samantha