Which blush looks good with Sweet Nothing?

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
MyLavenderHeart

Which blush looks good with Sweet Nothing?

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:00 am

Ok, usually I have no problem pairing up colors and make combinations without thinking too much. But I got a new Sweet Nothing lipgloss a while back after a year of not having one in my stash. I was suddenly stuck: What blush did I use to wear with this...?
I simply couldn`t remember!

So I ended up choosing something else for my makeup that day as I was just stumped, lol :lol:

Here`s what I have tried so we can save going back and forth:

Satisfied, Wish you were here, Climax, Tart I just don`t look good with Sweet Nothing`s brownish/mauveish color and these on my cheeks :P
Diablo red blush I have and that is a no go with this gloss, the tones just clash!
Carnal blush ( LOVE this in winter!) but feel Sweet Nothing and Carnal pick a fight with eachother on my face, and neither wants to give in, it just makes a mess with perfect plum/mauve cheeks and brown lips (blechhh.. :lol: )

I don`t have any Embrace left, but remember it really turns red/pink on me, not mauve at all...
I have a sample of Pretty Plum, and it is lovely, but not with sweet nothing! My cheeks turns red and lips turn brown when I combine the two.
I Used to have Flirt, but I used it up. But that one was pink on my cheeks anyway, not mauve at all.

I just want a blush that is in the same family as Sweet Nothing`s lovely mauve-ivity (Ok, totally just made that up, but you get my drift? :P )

I thought of Maybe Baby as it looks neutral, but I think it will actually disappear on me, unless it is more pigmented than in the swatch..?

So I guess a lot of color gets canceled out on my skin. I.e something that is supposed to be plummy/mayve, will simply turn plain red on me because I need really strong mauve colors for it to not turn just plain red (which I guess is why all the plummy/mauve blushes I have ever tried, just turns up red /normal pink on my cheeks) :?

Thank you so much in advance!
egerandi

Re: Which blush looks good with Sweet Nothing?

Post by egerandi » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:01 am

I think either Desert Plum or Foxxy might work.
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:36 pm

egerandi wrote:I think either Desert Plum or Foxxy might work.
Thanks for the reply and suggestions egerandi, tried to write earlier but I lost the interned connection 5 times during today! :x
Foxxy is with more peachy undertones so that won`t work for me I think, but it is really pretty, totally a color I should sample. And Desert plum is the daytime version of Carnal, which I allready have, so think I can rule that one out...

I started to think about Nina, a brown with some plum in it..(and some peach... can`t seem to escape some peach, lol...)
Maybe I should sample Nina...Anyone have any experience with Nina?
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:57 pm

MyLavenderHeart wrote:
Thanks for the reply and suggestions egerandi, tried to write earlier but I lost the interned connection 5 times during today! :x
Foxxy is with more peachy undertones so that won`t work for me I think, but it is really pretty, totally a color I should sample. And Desert plum is the daytime version of Carnal, which I allready have, so think I can rule that one out...

I started to think about Nina, a brown with some plum in it..(and some peach... can`t seem to escape some peach, lol...)
The reason I recommended Foxxy was that it's not peach on me *at all*. It's a nice neutral and turns nicely light plummy on my cheeks with the tiniest sheen. I use it lippies like Summer Fling or Maiden. Yes, a sample couldn't hurt. And Desert Plum - I figured if you were worried about the colors fighting, that shouldn't be the case with DP: it's understated and matte, it would complement your lippie. I use DP to dust it on my eyes too when I use it as a blush to pull the look together without having to worry about too matchy matchy :)

Sorry, Nina is totally out of my color range, hope you find what you're looking for!
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:05 am

egerandi wrote:
MyLavenderHeart wrote:

The reason I recommended Foxxy was that it's not peach on me *at all*. It's a nice neutral and turns nicely light plummy on my cheeks with the tiniest sheen. I use it lippies like Summer Fling or Maiden. Yes, a sample couldn't hurt. And Desert Plum - I figured if you were worried about the colors fighting, that shouldn't be the case with DP: it's understated and matte, it would complement your lippie. I use DP to dust it on my eyes too when I use it as a blush to pull the look together without having to worry about too matchy matchy :)

Sorry, Nina is totally out of my color range, hope you find what you're looking for!
Ok, I am totally sampling both Foxxy and Desert Plum now... Because if Foxxy can in fact be a nice neutral and not peach, then I don`t want to rule it out just yet. And if DP is matte and can compliment Sweet N, then it is worth a shot :mrgreen:

Thanks a lot for the help egerandi, just shows how important it is to get input from others :D
I will come back and let you know how they worked on my skintone, hoping Foxxy won`t turn peach on me like I initially thought, and that DP turns out to be a good match. Her`s to hoping! :)
I probably will sample Nina too, just to have tried it. Thanks again, if it hadn`t been for you I`d still be in the dark.
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:57 pm

I hope you like Foxxy as much as I do. As the weather is turning, I'll be using DP more and more again, I'm glad you reminded me with your request :)
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:20 pm

egerandi wrote:I hope you like Foxxy as much as I do. As the weather is turning, I'll be using DP more and more again, I'm glad you reminded me with your request :)
You are welcome, lol :mrgreen:

It is fun to get to use the other colors we have in our stash when the weather turns, sort of renewing ourself everytime there is a new season :D
rymorg2

Post by rymorg2 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:25 am

I like it with Lady. It brings out the mauve tones in Sweet Nothing imo.
Cosmetology Educator with gluten sensitivity, eczema and other ingredients sensitivities
Vegan Ivory, 10 scoops to 1 scoop buttery gold[/color]
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:38 pm

MyLavenderHeart wrote: It is fun to get to use the other colors we have in our stash when the weather turns, sort of renewing ourself everytime there is a new season :D
For sure! And I second Lady as well. How could I forgot! It was the first F/S blush I bought from SN :)
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:25 pm

rymorg2 wrote:I like it with Lady. It brings out the mauve tones in Sweet Nothing imo.
*Thump*... that was the sound of a sample of Lady that fell into my cart... :mrgreen:
Thanks!

egerandi wrote:
MyLavenderHeart wrote: It is fun to get to use the other colors we have in our stash when the weather turns, sort of renewing ourself everytime there is a new season :D
For sure! And I second Lady as well. How could I forgot! It was the first F/S blush I bought from SN :)
Cool! Just shows that we sometimes need a reminder of other things we love but sometimes forget about :lol: