Combustion . . .Oooh Baby!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
tardis

Re: Combustion . . .Oooh Baby!

Post by tardis » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:31 pm

frckls wrote:The first swipe of Combustion on my lips and I DIED. It's THE MOST PERFECT RED I've ever had!! My heart skipped a beat. IT'S GORGEOUS. Totally gorgeous. And no pink shows through. Nope. Nada. Only coral coral coral and IT'S SUPER LOVELY. I also swatched it side-by-side by another red I own, only I think it's more blue red, and Combustion flashes its coral beautifully. I really have to give it to Karen this time (LIE. It's EVERYTIME. LOL).
*resolve weakens* Why do you guys have to be so enthusiastic and convincing?
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:21 pm

frckls wrote:The first swipe of Combustion on my lips and I DIED. It's THE MOST PERFECT RED I've ever had!! My heart skipped a beat. IT'S GORGEOUS. Totally gorgeous. And no pink shows through. Nope. Nada. Only coral coral coral and IT'S SUPER LOVELY. I also swatched it side-by-side by another red I own, only I think it's more blue red, and Combustion flashes its coral beautifully. I really have to give it to Karen this time (LIE. It's EVERYTIME. LOL).

Sooo, what you are trying to say in a... neutral and objective calm way is that you ... sort of, kiiiind`a love it, or...???
:lol: :mrgreen: :P :D

Sorry, couldn`t resist, it was so much fun to read what you wrote, frckls :mrgreen:
frckls

Post by frckls » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:58 am

tardis wrote: *resolve weakens* Why do you guys have to be so enthusiastic and convincing?
Simply because it is that good!
MyLavenderHeart wrote: Sooo, what you are trying to say in a... neutral and objective calm way is that you ... sort of, kiiiind`a love it, or...???
:lol: :mrgreen: :P :D

Sorry, couldn`t resist, it was so much fun to read what you wrote, frckls :mrgreen:
I know!! But I just couldn't help it!! LOL
Maeva

Post by Maeva » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:36 pm

frckls wrote:Well, Maeva, I think you need to spend your money on another because I don't think I'm going to swap it away! :D
frckls wrote:The first swipe of Combustion on my lips and I DIED. It's THE MOST PERFECT RED I've ever had!!
Sounds like you've decided its a keeper!
Dang, I guess I will have to spend my money on another ;) Especially since mine is half gone!

I am posting a new Wish List thread asking for other colors in this formula. I think it is fabulous!
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel
frckls

Post by frckls » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:53 pm

Maeva wrote: Sounds like you've decided its a keeper!
Dang, I guess I will have to spend my money on another ;) Especially since mine is half gone!

I am posting a new Wish List thread asking for other colors in this formula. I think it is fabulous!
Sorry, Maeva! I think you will have to spend money on your next Combustion. This one is absolutely a keeper!! :D
Maeva

Post by Maeva » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:35 pm

frckls wrote: Sorry, Maeva! I think you will have to spend money on your next Combustion. This one is absolutely a keeper!! :D
Well, whatever leads to JOY is worth the cost, right? :P
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel
frckls

Post by frckls » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:28 am

Need to update.

This baby does STAY ALL NIGHT & DAY. I can vouch for that. I put it on before leaving home for lunch (greasy, lip-smacking good Chinese) and a shopping-spree (I love day-off!!). Went to a friend's house for a game of poker at night (with tortilla chips, cheese, cigarettes and a lot of drinking). Went to a birthday party afterwards (again, with lots of cigs and boozes) and snoozed right away when my body touched my bed. Woke up this morning with still VIVID Combustion on my lips. I looked like Joker alright, with smudgy black liners and red lips, but that means that Combustion just doesn't stray.
I did re-apply a few times throughout the day (and night), but basically it's just to re-intensify the gloss and amp up the opacity a bit.

Amazing job Karen. I think you should add a slogan for Combustion in the description section.
Combustion. "It stays, don't strays"
cait

Post by cait » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:59 am

Combustion is singlehandedly the most unique and flattering red I've gotten in a long time...and to think that I was hesitating in buying it! AMAZING shade, lasts so long...I can't even put into words how much I love this lipstick.
Charz

Post by Charz » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:27 pm

Any chance of seeing a picture with one of you ladies wearing it? It sounds amazing, but I'm a wimp with bright colours.

Also, for those who have them, how are Kindle and Allure? I like the description of Allure (warm medium peach) but the pictures look like more of a pink plummy colour to me..
frckls

Post by frckls » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:50 am

Charz wrote:Any chance of seeing a picture with one of you ladies wearing it? It sounds amazing, but I'm a wimp with bright colours.

Also, for those who have them, how are Kindle and Allure? I like the description of Allure (warm medium peach) but the pictures look like more of a pink plummy colour to me..
I don't have a photo of me wearing Allure or Combustion, but I can give you one maybe a little bit later. I can swatch them for you. I am a real golden tan, so Allure looks like a true warm medium peach on me. It's nowhere near "pink" or even "plummy". I don't have Kindle, though.