Purple Eyeshadow Rec's

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
hgchild

Purple Eyeshadow Rec's

Post by hgchild » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:45 pm

I am looking for a work appropriate purple eyeshadow. I know that purple is going to be big for fall. I have light brown eyes with some green in them- 1 Olive: 12 ivory foundation.

I work in an office setting so nothing too shimmery. So I am looking for recommendations as I am new to SN eyeshadows. I usually use just one base color (Taupe) and a cream colored highlight. I would prefer a deeper purple. Lighter purples tend to not should up well on my lids. They tend to look like a swept a highlight color all over my lids :lol:

I am pretty low maintenance on my eyes as they are sensitive. I did look at a few shades like Brimstone, and Berwick... I am not sure of their depth- might be too deep on their own? Don't need to scare my co-workers!!!

Any help would be appreciated.
*DOMINIQUE*
~~~~~~~~~~~
"Reach for the moon, at the very least, you will land amongst the stars"
Die Marchen

Re: Purple Eyeshadow Rec's

Post by Die Marchen » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:26 pm

Did you check Berwick from the Fall 2010 Tweeds Collection?

Description says "Berwick is a deeper blue purple with golden bronze shimmer. It has sort of a suede finish- it's essentially matte but with pebbly flecks of shimmer." Personally I do not see anything blue, on my eyes it is deep purple with some bronze. The swatch is great.
Suedes are worksafe colors, especially if you apply them without Stick Em' Eye Shadow Enhancer - it makes them dramatic. The previous edition of eye color primer is very good as it keeps shadows in place without intensifying them.

Hope some of this info helps))
Current ratio, Sept. 13: 1 Ebony : 1 Buttery Gold : 15 All Purpose : 5 Ivory : 2 Yellow : 1 Liberty : 1 Beach Bunny
The mix is pale and does't look yellow
hgchild

Post by hgchild » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:56 pm

Thank you, Die Marchen!!! Since I am new to Silk Naturals Eyeshadows, I wasn't sure where to start! Really appreciate the info on the eye primer. I do not own it yet and will try applying the eyeshadow with out first. I will also be putting Berwick in my cart for my next purchase. The suedes look really pretty :)
*DOMINIQUE*
~~~~~~~~~~~
feyith

Post by feyith » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:18 pm

I second Berwick, as the suede finish shadows are perfect for work.

Brimstone is also nice and understated but I think it's more of a smokey neutral than purple.

Here's some other fun colors to check out, thanks to Jen the swatch queen:

Not to confuse you even more but the new colors like Chicane with the "EL" finish are really pretty too.

Eyelights are unique to Silk Naturals. Applied dry they're a silky somewhat sheer soft pearl texture. Applied over Stick 'Em primer the base color deepens, and the highlights pop out to create a lit from within glow. We've made every effort to describe these colors accurately, but because of the color shifting nature of them they will look different on each person who wears them.
hgchild

Post by hgchild » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:26 pm

Thank you Feyith!!!

I had Chicane on my wishlist since it seemed subtle enough!!! May have to increase my budget for my next order!!!! :lol:
*DOMINIQUE*
~~~~~~~~~~~
Die Marchen

Post by Die Marchen » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:01 pm

Want to add that Stick Em Shadow Primer is very nice, it intensifies the color and makes it last longer.

I'd say that without it the color is very work safe, but with primer it is a dramatic color for a special occasion.

And maybe it is wrong, but once I did it this way and it worked: I have applied shadow without primer and it was subtle and nice for day and in the evening I had no time to prepare properly and I have applied little amount of primer on the eyelid and then applied the same shadow: it became very bright and festive :-) I tried such an application several times and once it creased awfully, so be careful if you decide to try it.
Current ratio, Sept. 13: 1 Ebony : 1 Buttery Gold : 15 All Purpose : 5 Ivory : 2 Yellow : 1 Liberty : 1 Beach Bunny
The mix is pale and does't look yellow