Never have I ever......

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
ladycattat

Never have I ever......

Post by ladycattat » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:11 pm

Never have I ever.......finished a lipbalm before. Until now!
Honestly, I have been very cavelier with lip balms.....picking them up here and there at the dollar stores, using them haphazardly, but never being faithful.
Everybody raved about Karen's lipbalms, and when Refreshing Herb came out....thought I'd give it a try.
Well, I soon became addicted to that lovely scent and feel, and everytime I pass my bathroom cupboard I slick some more on.
Well....lo and behold.....there is only 1/16 of an inch left in my tube, and it's now stuck to the top.
Luckily, it's one of the lipbalms from Christmas that is still around, so I can still get me some more. I just thought it's kinda amazing.....besides my foundation and my zinc powder, I never really ever finish anything.

So, what have you.... never have you ever?
Laurie
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger
Cupcake

Re: Never have I ever......

Post by Cupcake » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:29 pm

I've gone right to the end of the original lip lube in white choco & macadamia and I'm currently obsessed with the ice balm. It's the fact that they taste like their name, rather than just smell like them, that's a lot to do with loving them. Loved the black label balms for the same reason, those are the deluxe version of lip care. So yeah, same thing here Laurie, balm love. Also finished a Seedy or three, too.
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:12 pm

Fun thread Laurie :) ( <---- not really liking this smiley, lol, it looks like it is a nervous smile :lol: )

Two things I never have I ever etc..:

One is a highlighter! They tend to last forever because they usually have some shimmer in them that makes them having to be used sparingly on my browbone so I don`t look like a 70`s glam queen.... :oops:
(I use shimmery highlighter on my eyelids, I get my shimmerfix that way, lol)

But after I found this matte one - matte but nok chalky that is - I am on second jar of it, and half way through it allready! I love it so much that it is the one I alwaysalwaysalways grab when doing my makeup!
The one I am talking about is Bone! I love eeet! :mrgreen:

I use it on my browbone, to tone down sharp edges and on top of red spots. And I also dust some under my eyes to look extra refreshed! Believe me I need it after not sleeping well, and Bone seems to just refresh without make me look chalky :D

My second thing I never ever thought I`d finish, is also an eyeshaddow. It is a matte brown/taupe color, and I have always thought that those types was so boring on me and I`ll never finish a jar of it! Untill I found THE perfect one for me.
That one is Eu-Taupe-Ia.
It isn`t empty YET, but not many uses left so have to get a new one soon!
JenW

Post by JenW » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:24 pm

First things I ever used up that were not foundation: Aztec eyeshadow, Birthday Suit Kisser Slicker, Date Bait! Others I have used up fairly early on are Sandy, Fig Leaf Kisser Slicker, and a Beach Bunny Bronzer.

Since then, I have used up skincare and a few lip balms like the first Candy Cane that came out. If you only knew how many products come through my door, though......and even before I worked for Karen, I was a Silk Naturals junkie, always having back-ups of my favorites. (If you wanted me to go see how many tubes of Maiden are in my posession at the moment, it would be in the double digits :shock: and the only reason I have not used up several of them.)

Laurie, I love that Refreshing Herb balm, too. I probably would have used one up by now if I did not have about 3.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:11 pm

Oh yes, been through Bone a couple times and also several jars of Extra Light Peach concealer which is a very close match to my skin and gets used as a polishing touch all around my eyes.
ladycattat

Post by ladycattat » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:24 pm

Wow, I would never in a million years thought to even try Bone, but now it sounds like a must have. I have been trying to find an eyeshadow that I NEED for my over $30 gwp, and I can't wait until after the new collection comes out for that. I am trying my best to avoid getting eyeshadow colors that are similar, no matter how gorgeous, until our financial sitch gets better, I write a best selling novel that gets turned into a movie, or I win the lottery. Bone sounds like a no brainer. If I don't like it, I'll just add a little bit of shimmer from one of my other lovelies.
xx
Laurie
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:55 pm

Ok besides foundation , I have used up vanilla eyeshadow, the black licorace and the candy cane lip baim, several bottles of super serum, tympt tryst, and 1 of my two tubes of mirage .
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:25 pm

Wow!!! That is rather impressive that you all have used some things up! I'm on my 3rd bottle of Awesome Sauce, umpteenth bottles of Cleansing Conditioner, and Eyelash Gel, and down to crumbs on Earth.

This is a FUN thread! I can't wait to read your Great American Novel Laurie- it would be a hoot!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:58 am

Hmmm, let me see...
Cleansing conditioner, both kinds
Skin care stuff, a lot of them
Just about finished with the original full size Foxxy
Tempt Tryst (kinda counts as my foundation though as I don't use foundation, just my own mix of finishing powders that includes TT, tinted oc blur and ultp)
Cream liner (the plain one)
Idolize
Boom
Seedy
Centerfold (2)
Maiden
St. Tropez (2)
Tons of lipbalms and Smooth and Fulls, I tend to eat them off my lips :D

Edited to add: ULTP! Bucket-size refill, please? :D
Last edited by egerandi on Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheece

Post by Cheece » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:14 am

I've finished:

An ice lip balm (onto my second now)
A candy cane lip balm
A devils food cake black label lipbalm
The tahitian vanilla lipbalm that was a gumball I think? Around the time of Barcelona...
Heaps of skincare & conditioner
A jar of unblush