How Many Colors do you wear a day???

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Colleen

Re: How Many Colors do you wear a day???

Post by Colleen » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:06 pm

The most I ever do is 3 plus a liner. Lately it has been none. I haven't worn shadow in a month or more.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:26 am

Thanks for the replies!!! That's very very helpful info to have.

I love Laurie's idea- as much as I like surprising you, it is sometimes helpful to have a little guidance.

So list some looks you'd like to see! Maybe you have an eye on a color, but don't know what to wear with it- or maybe you have a special occasion, and need a little something to change up your look.

We'll see what we can come up with!

I'll post a new thread for it so it's all in one place :)
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:24 pm

I've been gone awhile. Not sure if you're still soliciting input.

Normal day - 2-3 shadows, sometimes mascara
Low maintenance day - 1-2 shadows
High maintenance day - 2-4 shadows plus liner and mascara

I would never use more than 4 for any reason, and more likely to use 3. One on the lid, one on the corners/crease, and one to highlight. Sometimes b/c of my eyeshape I use 4 if I want to really contour my eyes.

I'd like to see work-appropriate looks that are not "just" neutral.
I would also like to see nighttime looks w/ fun colors that are sophisticated - not too OTT for those of us whose skin texture is, um, more mature. I don't care for bright or dramatic looks but I get bored easily.
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:47 pm

Most days it is always three and a liner color. But when it is going out with dh it could be up to five and liner color. :o :o And oh I love putting cream liner under them to pop or change the colors a tad too. 8-)
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:20 pm

I do a one colour wash on the lid with a liner, but if I want to do something quirky, I'll line under my eyes with something colour-shifting and shimmery.

Put it down to age, but I do technically need Bone and Envoy, too. That's more to do with concealing... well, restoration really. :oops: Envoy is outstanding applied as a thin later, especially on the inside corner where there are dark bits that need concealing. Regular concealer sits in the lines or crinkly bits whereas Envoy bounces the light like an illuminator and makes anything look fresher on top of it.