Step right up...it's time for Spring!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
JenK

Re: Step right up...it's time for Spring!!

Post by JenK » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:11 pm

Any special way to use lip stains? Do you have to let them dry?????
JenW

Post by JenW » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:16 pm

JenK wrote:Any special way to use lip stains? Do you have to let them dry?????
I have been putting on a light coat and letting it dry, which takes only a couple of minutes. Then you can apply a gloss on top.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
JenK

Post by JenK » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:11 am

JenW wrote:
I have been putting on a light coat and letting it dry, which takes only a couple of minutes. Then you can apply a gloss on top.
jenW,

Do you have all the colors? How bright/deep are they??

Thanks! HAPPY EASTER!!!
JenW

Post by JenW » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:18 am

JenK wrote:
JenW wrote:
jenW,

Do you have all the colors? How bright/deep are they??

Thanks! HAPPY EASTER!!!
I wore the light pink yesterday (Gigi)...it is a little bright for me, but then I usually have problems with pink. I love, love, love the brown (Roxie)...it tones down the pink in my lips, and on me does not look brown, but more brownish plum. I can use the peach (Dixie) depending on what I put over it. It does not go well with lips that are flaky or dry, so be sure lips are smooth to start. I can tell the colors are layerable, but I would say that Roxie is more muted, and the pinks are more intense, but that could be more to do with the colors I normally wear. For the gals who love bright pinks, they will love Doll and Gigi. I can see how they will be excellent for adding pink into lips that are normally brownish. The pinks are like Tart blush. Doll seems to be more a fuschia. For starters, I would consider chosing a color that will intensify the normal lip colors you wear. Color lasts about all day, but gloss needs reapplication.

I am having so much fun playing with these and the Amplifying Lip Glaze....Friday night, I wore Roxie with Electra and it was gorgeous. I can't wait to see how everyone likes these...I missed the gumball years ago, and I heard once Susan tried them again recently, she strongly suggested ;) Karen release them.

HAPPY EASTER, yourself! ;)

tl;dr I think the colors are intense if it is out of your normal color range..... The colors are definitely layerable, and I recommend lips that are not flaky to start. For the non-pink girl order of most intense to least:....Doll, Gigi, Dixie, Roxie.
Faves-
JenK

Post by JenK » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:15 am

JenW
Thanks for your detailed info!! I was eyeing both Roxie and Electra, so happy to hear you love the combo. It took me forever to realize my pigmented lips really don't need more pink...browns give me more of the look I am going for, though I don't like brown lips on me if that makes sense. Depending on the brown and application I can achieve pink/nude w/ a hint of brown or plum/nude w/ a hint of brown.
Thanks again!!
Aden

Post by Aden » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:49 am

Jen, any chance of some swatches of the lip stains? Would love to see some before I decide exactly which ones I need.
JenW

Post by JenW » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:23 am

Aden wrote:Jen, any chance of some swatches of the lip stains? Would love to see some before I decide exactly which ones I need.
Yes, I will. Today or tomorrow. The problem is....I will be spotted for a few days ;) , so I need to work it in at the end of a photo session. I did try them on when I first got them. And it took a few days to wash totally off. (I do think the lips shed skin quicker than hands.....so it only lasts about a day on lips.)
Faves-
BlowFarAway

Post by BlowFarAway » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:26 am

I am devastated, my silly dog ate my LAST Shirley Temple balm :(

Sorry I didn't know where to post this lol.
Don't be so humble, you are not that great. -Golda Meir
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:50 am

JenW wrote:
Aden wrote:Jen, any chance of some swatches of the lip stains? Would love to see some before I decide exactly which ones I need.
Yes, I will. Today or tomorrow. The problem is....I will be spotted for a few days ;) , so I need to work it in at the end of a photo session. I did try them on when I first got them. And it took a few days to wash totally off. (I do think the lips shed skin quicker than hands.....so it only lasts about a day on lips.)
Jen:
It shouldn`t be a problem to remove the lipstains. Just take a cottonball with baby oil and swipe a coupple of times over the stain and it will slide right off. You don`t even have to rub very hard. Just wipe clean and it will not leave a trace of the stain.
Use the same method to remove the lipstain off the lips.

If you don`t have babyoil at hand, you can use vaseline too. But it will take a littlebit longer to get the lipstain off.

If there is someone who can`t tolerate babyoil because of allergies to the mineral oil, try and use whatever oil you have on hand, apply oil on the lips/swatches that you want to remove, let sit for a minute or two and it should be easier to remove without hurting the lips/skin.

FYI

edit: I have done this for years with regular lipstains. So unless Karen`s lipstains is completely different this should absolutely work on those too.
frckls

Post by frckls » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:57 am

BlowFarAway wrote:I am devastated, my silly dog ate my LAST Shirley Temple balm :(

Sorry I didn't know where to post this lol.
No kidding?!?! Is the balm...I mean, your dog okay?? But seriously, if your dog does not show any symptoms after swallowing the balm, it can put up good words for SN for being digestible, even for dog! It won't cost Karen and the team the Cruelty-Free badge, tho, for your dog ate the balm by consent.
(Okay, this is purely A JOKE! I would not compromise or risk the health and safety of a dog or a cat or any pet in that case. I have a dog and two cats plus several other stray cats I took under my wing, so no, I don't have the heart.)

Btw, now that Karen has fulfilled my wish for bright pop pink lippies, I wonder if she will take into consideration my request for the perfect Burgundy (purple-red wine) lippie...... :P