What would you like for Spring?!?!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
zeebs

Re: What would you like for Spring?!?!

Post by zeebs » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:11 pm

self tanner for face
Marion

Post by Marion » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:34 am

I second the suggestions for a red blush like NARS Exhibit A or Sleek Scandalous (I'd prefer it to be shimmery or glowy though I suppose that matte would be more popular), duo-tone blushes and version 1 lipbalms.

I'd love a NYX Taupe blush dupe, a cool taupe contour that works for most skintones.
aud

Post by aud » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:04 am

Duo-tone blushes sound good (preferably with a "glow" or "sheen" rather than outright sparkle/shimmer).

A return of Summer Fruit lipbalm would be great too :) Or Spring Fruit/Flowers? :P

Solid scents. A taupe eyeshadow like Fyrinnae's Cookie Dough (d/c) - the finish isn't quite what I've seen before and I've not found something similar among the many SN ES I have.
Current SN foundation mix: 4 Buttery Gold: 2 Yellow Boosters: 21 Medium Ivory: 8 Original Ivory: 3 Glow
Favourite SN lippies (currently): Darling, Barcelona (Gumball), Menage
Favourite SN blushers: Carnal, Satisfied
MyLavenderHeart

Re: clear bright pops of blush & clarifying holographic defi

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:31 am

extemter wrote:Expanding upon MyLavenderHeart's requests, I would be interested in more blushes like SN's Tart: clear (not muted) bright pops of color. NARS Exhibit A is red, but what about orange or violet?
MyLavenderHeart wrote:An Orange holographic shimmery lipgloss for some fun spring lips.

I adore anything holographic, so something spring`y and fun like an Orange one could be so cool, preferably not to pale of a color so teeth doesn`t loook so yellow.
When you say holographic, do you mean smooth linear holo like Inglot's AMC lip glosses or scattered chunky holo like LORAC's Multiplex 3-D lip glosses? (If you own SN's Icing, the chunky sparkle doesn't feel gritty on the lips; I mean that it looks like discrete twinkles.) I know of another indie mineral make-up company that makes scattered holo glosses like LORAC's Multiplex 3-D lip glosses, but I don't know of any other manufacturer of smooth linear holo glosses besides Inglot.
Thanks for the links extember! It has been a while since I browsed through this forum, so when you when I checked out the link you gave me I ooooo`ed over the images, :mrgreen:

When suggesting the holo glosses I though about something along the line of the holographic eyeshaddows Karen makes, so that link you added of the Inglot glosses would be pretty much be spot on! Only I wouldn`t mind something a bit more pigmentet, just a littlebit... My complection (even though I am pale`ish) tend to "eat" color, so lipcolors others say is pigmented usually means it will be ok`ish on my lips but not show up a lot and possibly wash me out a bit...that has always puzzled me... :roll:

I don`t mind sparkles either (in fact I LOVE sparkle!)
I have Icing and even though it doesn`t show up on my lips (makes them really pale) it is lovely, especially over something more pigmented, but not quite what I think of when I think of Holographic even if it has those colored sparkles. The formula is pleasant, not gritty, I agree with you.

And ditto on a orange blush :mrgreen:
I can pull off orange very well too. Actually, bright colors make my complection glow, it just takes a litlebit of practice to make it glow, not be on fire... :lol:

I suggested in the summer fun contest last year, a tomato red blush (no pink), along the lines of Tart blush, that would be suitable for darker complections too. Besides, seing the makeup things that are coming out now, the consensus is a lot of COLOR, bright and fun colors to play with.
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:47 am

No requests from me, thanks. I'm still trying to catch up on the recent releases. :lol:
royalgoddessbeth

Post by royalgoddessbeth » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:32 pm

Reissue of Sassy and Jamie. I never tried Sassy, but I wear Cider and Climax well, so I think it naturally follows that Sassy would look good.

Make 'em vegan, with better pigmentation or what-have-you. But that's the thing I want the most. One of these days....
SN addict par excellence!
Favorite Blushes: Foxxy, Climax, Cider and Jamie
Favorite Lipstick: Negligee
Primer/Foundation/Finishing Powder: I'm a mad scientist!

I would join a 12 step program for my SN addiction, but 12 steps are for quitters!
khasart1

Post by khasart1 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:11 pm

If you could create a rose gold liquid lipgloss, nude rose lipgloss(sheer or cream)or a watermelon red lipgloss (sheer or cream) that would be fun.
meadowbird

Post by meadowbird » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:08 pm

I'd love to see a lip gloss just like Gold Blush, but in true peach - same texture and finish.

Also a blush just like Lovelace, but matte. That would be amazing. Even a cream blush in this colour would be great.

Maybe some balms or just new flavours for glosses, like fruity or sweet citrus. Field strawberries (ooh and cream anyone?), lemonade, sweet lime ect.. They all make me feel very Springy!
Blush : Lovelace ~ Flare ~ Stardust ~ Foxxy
Eyes: Scandal ~ Neuron ~ Sprite ~ Zest
Lips: Zinnia ~ Ambrosia ~ Pretty Please ~ Mango
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:33 pm

Please dupe NARS Exhibit A!! :D Cream/gel form would be awesome... Cactus Flower is pretty awesome too.

Blushes--a sheer red coral, neutral red, true clear peachy orange, watermelon pink, strawberry... Can you tell I love blushes!? :lol: I prefer cream/gel formulas, but any would be fine.

Lip stains would always be great, but I know they've been a project for a while!

Body lotion, one with gold shimmer, one with silver shimmer.

Flavors: Pineapple, guava, cherry, pina colada...margarita! Sorry, got beach on the brain!
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
fairyfli

Post by fairyfli » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:33 pm

Well I know that we probably won't get the more greasy lip balms... but instead I have been using the black labels lippies and have found they are working just as well for me, I like them better than the current lip balms.. any way with that being said I would love more flavors in the black label lippies!

Also I would love more roller perfumes they are great! I love them so much! Oh and more flavored lotions to why not! :D