Very dry w/ Rosacea and history of Skin CA

karilou

Very dry w/ Rosacea and history of Skin CA

Post by karilou » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:45 pm

Looking for some suggestions for my DH. He has very dry skin, is out in the elements with his love of exercise, some rosacea and a history of skin cancer. He now faithfully wears sunscreen and a cap. I'm looking for a moisturizer for him and any other products you can suggest.
Thanks,
JenW

Re: Very dry w/ Rosacea and history of Skin CA

Post by JenW » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:56 pm

Definitely the sunscreen and cap are the most important in his case.
From that, a simple routine would be good, but you might have to pick and choose what he would use.

1. Cleanse...from us KISS Cleanser. I would encourage him to use it in the shower as it is the easiest to remember if he showers pretty close to daily.

2. Tone...I think this is sometimes a hard step for men to include. I would recommend skipping this one if you need to simplify. Otherwise, Pore Refining Toner is good...not too floral smelling.

3. Treat...If he is open to it, Vitamin Peptide Serum.

4. Moisturizer.....Daily Defense

5. Sunscreen...this one should never be skipped, even if he skips the first 4. It sounds like he understands the importance this step.

I think the simplest routine is 1, 4, and 5. Then from there, add in 3 first and then 2 as far as importance.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
karilou

Re: Very dry w/ Rosacea and history of Skin CA

Post by karilou » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:27 pm

He will try anything to avoid the dry skin and a recurrence of the cancer. He has had 3 procedures to remove melanomas and probably will need more but all of the damage is from back in the day before we knew what damage the sun could do.
Thank you for your help, off to add some skin care to my cart!