Thoughts on Perfume??

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Jen

Re: Thoughts on Perfume??

Post by Jen » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:20 am

karen wrote:I'm glad you like them!!!! I tried to get my hands on some more of the fragrance that makes Sexy Vanilla and it's no longer available. I did rather like that one quite a bit, but it's really not possible to make any more :cry:

That sucks. I'm liking the secret admirer. Is it possible to do another round of them?
-Jen
PenguinZombies.com
SouthernGal

Post by SouthernGal » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:27 pm

I'm really liking Secret Admirer too. I'm not usually much of a perfume gal, but this just might convert me! :lol:
JenW

Post by JenW » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:37 pm

I got Cassanova and Squeeze. It is funny because I am wearing Cassanova myself. I really like it!

I got the Secret Admirer Body Butter and it smells heavenly! But then so does the Roseberry. It is perfectly named because the main note is rose, with an after smell of berry.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:21 pm

That's too bad about the sexy vanilla, I do like that one.
fairyfli

Post by fairyfli » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:09 pm

I bought all three of the perfumes and I absolutely love them all. They are all so different that I really enjoy them. I really hope that there is some way Karen can continue to make perfume... even if it is not these exact ones... I know that she will make them smell delicious! ;) Please Karen keep making these perfumes I love the roller ball application!
Thanks so much!
rubycat95

Post by rubycat95 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:21 am

Hi All,

I just got Squeeze and I love it! It's so fresh and lively! BUT, it doesn't last very long on my skin. Is there anything I can do to prolong the staying power? Would love any tips, thanks!
selki

Post by selki » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:06 pm

@rubycat95: I've read a couple of tips on the Possets Perfum forum that I'll share here. First, make sure you moisturize well before you apply the perfume, & be sure to let the moisturizer soak in for a little while before scent application. Another tip I read is to put some perfume in the palms of your hands & then lightly rub your palms up & down your forearms, speading the oil around. (It would probably work to just apply the oil directly to your forearms & then rub it around, but I'm not positive.) A scent locket is an option, too, as scents seem to last a long while in the locket, but I don't know how well that would work with the rollerball applicator. :? Oh, it also helps to rub some of the perfume oil into your hair.
"The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals." ~ Anonymous
JenK

Post by JenK » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:10 pm

Great tips selki!! I'm having the same problem w/ Squeeze...love the scent (great pick me up), but doesn't seem to last long. Maybe I just need to apply more. I never thought to add a bit to my hair!!
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:05 am

Perfumes made with essential oils are generally not as long lasting as a more traditional perfume because they lack the fixative products that give them staying power....but on the other hand, they are a lot easier on the nose, especially for those with scent sensitivities, as they don't tend to overpower since they soften nicely. If you like the scent of Squeeze, think about getting the hair oil, as it smells a lot like it! ;)
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
awolos

Post by awolos » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:00 pm

If anyone has an unloved secret admirer I would LOVE to take it off your hands!! I really wanted that one, but was too slow to order