Need Foundation Help? Please post here.......

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
Ketol

Re: Need Foundation Help? Please post here.......

Post by Ketol » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:21 am

JenW wrote:I am 90% sure Olive will work. Pictures are a huge help in pinpointing color, but sometimes the lighting is such that I can't easily read color. It is still an imperfect "science". If shipping is not a huge issue I would still order samples because you never know whether or not it will work for you formula-wise even if you get the color perfect.

Jen:
Received my starter/sample kit this morning and I quickly mixed up olive 1:10 and brushed some on my cheek/jaw on one side. It looks like I have nothing on..even in the bright light by the window,can't see it! I'm amazed. I am letting it sit a bit, and will check it again..but I'm astounded, it can't possibly be that easy can it?! Thanks again. Can't wait to shower so I can really play with my samples. I also got glow, so might add a scoop of that to my (so far) ratio!
Helva

Post by Helva » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:18 am

Hi Jen,
maybe you could help me out too? I want to give the Vegan Forumular a try but I have no idea where to start mixing. I have no glue which undertones my skin has.

Here are two pics of my skin: one with natural light (no sunlight here in Germany, but a lot of snow) and one with flashlight.

Thanks.
Helva
Attachments
002.jpg
002.jpg (20.09 KiB) Viewed 2590 times
001.jpg
001.jpg (17.76 KiB) Viewed 2590 times
JenW

Post by JenW » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:46 am

Hi Helva,

I think Ebony or Olive. Olive is my first choice. For the Vegan Formula (our All Purpose foundation is also vegan), I would try Ebony at about 1 scoop color to 8 or 9 white. In Olive it will be one scoop color to about 12-14 white.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:50 pm

Here is a video on how I mix my Silk Naturals foundation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-5ZzG6z83g
JenW

Post by JenW » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:00 pm

Zeebs...that is awesome! We need to make sure people who have quesitons can find this!
Faves-
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:02 pm

JenW wrote:Zeebs...that is awesome! We need to make sure people who have quesitons can find this!
Thanks Jen! However you want to make the link available is fine with me. :)
Aleksandra

Post by Aleksandra » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:03 am

Hi
I would like to try SN foundation but I have doubts about which color category I fall into. I've been using mineral foundation for a while and so far my best match is Korat from Meow, but in FF formula it tends to be a bit too gray. I don't have very strong undertones, many foundations appeare on me like they're too pink, orange or yellow. However, the best looking are usually those with some amount of golden undertones but in the same time not too yellow. And pink undertones is something that I should avoid for sure. I was thinking about Warm Gold or Olive but I'm not sure. What do you think?
JenW

Post by JenW » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:28 am

Aleksandra wrote:Hi
I would like to try SN foundation but I have doubts about which color category I fall into. I've been using mineral foundation for a while and so far my best match is Korat from Meow, but in FF formula it tends to be a bit too gray. I don't have very strong undertones, many foundations appeare on me like they're too pink, orange or yellow. However, the best looking are usually those with some amount of golden undertones but in the same time not too yellow. And pink undertones is something that I should avoid for sure. I was thinking about Warm Gold or Olive but I'm not sure. What do you think?
I would try Olive. I think Warm Gold might be too pink/yellow.
Faves-
JenK

Post by JenK » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:40 am

Aleksandra wrote:Hi
My skin tone sounds the same as yours and Korat is the same w/ me. I don't get why it shows up gray at times (it's golden and beige). I will try a sample of olive in my next order per Jen. If you try it please post your results.
Aleksandra

Post by Aleksandra » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:26 am

Thanks for help :) I decided to buy some samples first. I'll let you know about the results.