Need Foundation Help? Please post here.......

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
JenW

Re: Need Foundation Help? Please post here.......

Post by JenW » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:51 am

karmicdreaming wrote:My perfect foundation match was the (now discontinued) Aromaleigh Glissade in 2L. I can wear Meow's Sleek Bengal, but it seems a little light, and Frisky Bengal is a little too dark. Any recommendations on a SN recipe? (I can take a pic if needed but I'll have to wait for some daylight.)
You are the perfect candidate for trying our Ebony foundation. I would try it at about a 1 scoop color to about 6 or 7 white scoops. That should fall between Sleek and Frisky in depth for our Ebony base.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
landlord

Post by landlord » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:30 am

Hi Jen,
Hope you can help. I used SN a couple of years ago before Olive was around! I have Ebony with a splash of warm gold mix but was wondering whether the Olive might work better. Attached is a photo albeit bad one but it shows my skin. I had my colours done professionally and I am cool (wear jewel colours and silver no yellows, green, brown or orange or gold) I don't know if that helps you at all.
Also can you recommend a finishing powder to wear on its own, I often don't want full foundation and just something on!

Thank you
Attachments
IMAG0013.jpg
IMAG0013.jpg (24.52 KiB) Viewed 2572 times
JenW

Post by JenW » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:41 pm

landlord wrote:Hi Jen,
Hope you can help. I used SN a couple of years ago before Olive was around! I have Ebony with a splash of warm gold mix but was wondering whether the Olive might work better. Attached is a photo albeit bad one but it shows my skin. I had my colours done professionally and I am cool (wear jewel colours and silver no yellows, green, brown or orange or gold) I don't know if that helps you at all.
Also can you recommend a finishing powder to wear on its own, I often don't want full foundation and just something on!

Thank you
Olive is definitely worth a try in your case. I would try 1 scoop color to about 10-12 white. For finishing I prefer Date Bait myself and I am an Olive in 1:14 or so. If you are concerned it would be too pink, try the regular Perfecting Powder. Another one you might like is Blur....probably the untinted one.
Faves-
landlord

Post by landlord » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:06 am

Thanks for your help, I will give it a try!
karmicdreaming

Post by karmicdreaming » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:36 pm

JenW wrote:
karmicdreaming wrote:My perfect foundation match was the (now discontinued) Aromaleigh Glissade in 2L. I can wear Meow's Sleek Bengal, but it seems a little light, and Frisky Bengal is a little too dark. Any recommendations on a SN recipe? (I can take a pic if needed but I'll have to wait for some daylight.)
You are the perfect candidate for trying our Ebony foundation. I would try it at about a 1 scoop color to about 6 or 7 white scoops. That should fall between Sleek and Frisky in depth for our Ebony base.
Thank you Jen. :) I have the sample pack already and will give it a try!
marigolds

Post by marigolds » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:53 pm

JenW wrote: I am pretty sure you will fall in Buttery Gold or Olive with some amount of Yellow and Green Boosters. I would start with Buttery Gold 1:6 or 7 White. Then we can adjust from there. For coverage level, Original is more forgiving on a match, but I think you will want Medium Coverage, or even our new All Purpose white base, especially if your skin is on the dry side.
Hi Jen, I got my sample kit (with samples of the All Purpose and the Medium coverage.) My first attempt is 2 1/2 scoops buttery gold to 8 scoops All Purpose. It seems pretty good; I have a picture on my phone (may I email it to you so that I don't have to sync/upload photos from phone/come back here/upload pics? I can email direct from phone!) I'm wondering how much yellow or green booster I might need. It also doesn't get *rid* of the redness, just tones it down some and makes it blend with the rest of my face (certainly won't need any blush, sadly, since I got lots of gorgeous blush samples to try!) Does this mean I need heavier coverage, or unblush underneath, or what?

You're a wizard! You're almost never wrong--how do you DO it from a few bad photos?
JenW

Post by JenW » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:29 pm

marigolds-
I sent you an email address. ;)
I will be watching for your message!
Faves-
Emilie

Post by Emilie » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:01 pm

Hi All :)

This forum is great! Wonderful place to get ideas and help!
I just received my sample perfect harmony light coverage foundation kit, I'm very much looking forward to mixing it up, but I would like some advise on where to start colour wise as I've never worn any kind of foundation. I've been told I have a warm complexion with hints of peach or at least I like to use a peachy blush, freckles, and fair skin (with pinker/redder cheeks than I'd like), ash blonde hair and blue eyes. I burn first, then slowly tan, and my veins are blue. I was going to attach a picture, but it says it can't (the image I tried to attach is invalid?) is there any other way I can load or share a picture?

Thanks for your help :)
JenW

Post by JenW » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:59 pm

Emilie wrote:Hi All :)

This forum is great! Wonderful place to get ideas and help!
I just received my sample perfect harmony light coverage foundation kit, I'm very much looking forward to mixing it up, but I would like some advise on where to start colour wise as I've never worn any kind of foundation. I've been told I have a warm complexion with hints of peach or at least I like to use a peachy blush, freckles, and fair skin (with pinker/redder cheeks than I'd like), ash blonde hair and blue eyes. I burn first, then slowly tan, and my veins are blue. I was going to attach a picture, but it says it can't (the image I tried to attach is invalid?) is there any other way I can load or share a picture?

Thanks for your help :)
I sent a pm with the email address...... :D

I can guess pretty well, but I do much better with a pic.
Faves-
Ketol

Post by Ketol » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:16 am

Hi, I will be ordering a kit this weekend, but I need serious help. I have NO idea (surprise surprise! lol) if I am cool or warm. I am suddenly thinking slightly warm.
I am fair skinned, I turn pink in the sun, and tan the next day, and I tan well. If I look at my veins through my wrist, they are blue, but higher up on my forearms it's green....
After I wash my face at night, my cheeks are pink/slightly ruddy...but my temples are yellow....I look horrible in purples, reds, etc. (brights....at least I think I do) I get compliments when I wear light blue (though I am not a fan of blue lol) My eyes are green with some brown flecks (tiny) if I look very closely. My hair was med blonde as a kid, it gets darker as I get older(in my 40's now) so now it's light brown? I don't know! Anyway, as you can see, I have NO clue!
Some pics:
This one is me aftergetting up one morning, standing in a doorway, which is why the right side(in the pic) is lighter/brighter, that is where the light was coming in...

Here I am again (with makeup) and of course a flash...so I dont know if it's a good pic to show?

Me, in the middle lol, outside in bright light. This was 3 years ago. Sorry about the glasses, it's theonly outside/bright light pic I have that's close enough to tellanything.

Thanks for any help, as you can tell,I'm clueless. More info: light medium-ish foundations (MM) usually seems to be a decent fit, but my problem as always is I never know whether to go cool or warm....Thank you!!