How do you shop on the site??

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
lilychemgirl

Re: How do you shop on the site??

Post by lilychemgirl » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:51 am

Toby, I loved the wry humour of your post :lol:

I second what Kookith said about the reviews, also, if you see a link to a review on the left hand side and click on it, there is no way to then get from that review to the actual item listing, apart from to either search, or look through the site. It would be good to be able to click back from the reviews to the listing without having to either hit back or search for the item (if you came there from the review in the first place).... if that makes any sense! It is late here :P
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
ladycattat

Post by ladycattat » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:31 am

To me, it is also really important to be able to easily check the ingredients without having to bounce all over the site. I have a problem with the the ingredient Ferric Ferrocyanide, which is in a few eyeshadows.
I was so grateful, Karen, that you thought to put that info out there when you had the GWP, Cleo, a few weeks ago!
And I agree, Jen's swatches are awesome!
Laurie
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger
Toby

Post by Toby » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:42 am

lilychemgirl wrote:Toby, I loved the wry humour of your post :lol:
:oops: Thanks! Sadly, all humour driven by the weight of experience...
Marion

Post by Marion » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:44 am

It would be great to have eye shadows, blushes and lippies grouped by how pigmented they are.
I like swatches of many similar shades in one picture.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:18 am

Thank you all for the suggestions!!! Yes, Jen is the high priestess of swatches, and she's been really working on a lot of updates this Fall.
I emailed our coder and pointed her towards this thread- there are a few things I found today that I'm really excited about!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
frond

Post by frond » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:01 am

I'd love a swatch pic by colors or by textures. I know its a lot of work but... it'd be oh so helpful. I usually get drawn in by swatches I see posted on various ladies' blogs. So swatch pics to me are impt! :D
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:31 pm

Karen I too shop by color, finish, swatches, and ingred. ( the stevia and flavor I love in the new wand glosses or it is the oils??) I hope one day you can take some of the old colors of wand glosses and make them in the new formula. Iced Mocha tasted gross til I added some of St Tropez. I like the reviews too and their age group in there. :)
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!
Die Marchen

Post by Die Marchen » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:01 pm

I also want to add some suggestions on skin care - there should be more info. People who are new to it are often get confused (I was) and some feel free to go to forum and start reading and asking questions. Other don't.
There are brilliant things on the forum - skin care routines, careful explanations about some products and many more. You cold add it to the site, make some articles of it. A chart with basic Skin care routines based on ages, special needs and skin types would be great. This information is a little hard to find. Some info about how to try new products would be nice. Too many people made mistake using Super Serum along with bha and aha. It is written, but maybe it should be stated more visible somehow... When people start dealing with all SN great stuff they have a mess in their heads and they miss lots of info. Maybe you cold make some tutorial...
Current ratio, Sept. 13: 1 Ebony : 1 Buttery Gold : 15 All Purpose : 5 Ivory : 2 Yellow : 1 Liberty : 1 Beach Bunny
The mix is pale and does't look yellow
yogingineer

Post by yogingineer » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:39 am

I've been thinking it would be nice to have a SFW category. I know that there is the matte category, but I like to wear shadows for work that are close to matte, with a slight shimmer or sparkle - nothing over the top. I have a LOT of the pearls, shimmers etc, but most of what I gravitate towards is a little too 'sheeny/sparkly' for work (I work as a sales engineer in a male dominated field, so I like to be slightly more subtle than I would in other careers that I've had)
7 Ivory: 1.5 BG: 0.5 Olive... for now...
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:33 am

And voila! The new suede category was invented :)
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥