Innocent or St Tropez

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
JenK

Innocent or St Tropez

Post by JenK » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:13 pm

I am planning on placing a small order tonight and am having a hard time picking between Innocent and St. Tropez (all of the wands are calling my name). Does anyone have them to compare? Also, so ST. Tropez really look like Breathless?

Thanks
feyith

Re: Innocent or St Tropez

Post by feyith » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:26 pm

Hi Jen,

I know you like nudes so I think you would probably prefer St. Tropez. I think it's slightly different from Breathless because Breathless was too brown for me but St. Tropez is a "just right" very flattering nude pink. I put in an order for Innocent just now if you wanna wait a few days.
JenK

Post by JenK » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:57 pm

feyith wrote:Hi Jen,

I know you like nudes so I think you would probably prefer St. Tropez. I think it's slightly different from Breathless because Breathless was too brown for me but St. Tropez is a "just right" very flattering nude pink. I put in an order for Innocent just now if you wanna wait a few days.
I was worried about it being too brown. I know I will endup ordering all the colors if I like the formula. I act like it's life or death...MUST HAVE!!
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:29 pm

Hopefully I'll have them tomorrow to compare! My order shipped Friday, so it should be here tomorrow or Tuesday.

But I do have St. Tropez right now and I do like it! It's pink, but a flattering pink muted pink. It would have to be more muted to be a true nude on my lips though. Does Centerfold look pink on your lips at all? St. Tropez is definitely more pink than Centerfold is, I really don't see brown in it.

I haven't tried Breathless so I can't compare them. Based on swatches alone I'd say go for St. Tropez if you prefer more nude pinks and Innocent if you're feeling adventurous pink wise! ;)
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:03 am

I can't wear breathless, but I love St Tropez. Everyone seems to love St Tropez, so I would definitely recommend it. From the reviews, you can't go wrong with St. Tropez, so might as well start with that!
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
lwoodall10

Post by lwoodall10 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:16 am

I think you will like St. Tropez the best. I don't have Innocent, but I have read that it is sort of a barbie pink and from your posts that doesn't really work for you. I love, love, love St. Tropez :mrgreen:
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:35 pm

lilychemgirl wrote:I can't wear breathless, but I love St Tropez. Everyone seems to love St Tropez, so I would definitely recommend it. From the reviews, you can't go wrong with St. Tropez, so might as well start with that!
Same here, Breathless was too brown and oddly muted on me, but I love St. Tropez. I say, go for it :)
Trainer

Post by Trainer » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:24 pm

JenK wrote:I am planning on placing a small order tonight and am having a hard time picking between Innocent and St. Tropez (all of the wands are calling my name). Does anyone have them to compare? Also, so ST. Tropez really look like Breathless?

Thanks
Jen,
I just got my Innocent yesterday and I think you would really like it. It is a baby pink, what I was hoping bloom would be on me. I have trouble with pinks sometimes but this one is really beautiful. It stays a light pink color, girly but not that cheapy pink if you know what I mean! :lol: It is glossy but not too much. I really love it!!
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:25 pm

Trainer wrote:
JenK wrote:I am planning on placing a small order tonight and am having a hard time picking between Innocent and St. Tropez (all of the wands are calling my name). Does anyone have them to compare? Also, so ST. Tropez really look like Breathless?

Thanks
Jen,
I just got my Innocent yesterday and I think you would really like it. It is a baby pink, what I was hoping bloom would be on me. I have trouble with pinks sometimes but this one is really beautiful. It stays a light pink color, girly but not that cheapy pink if you know what I mean! :lol: It is glossy but not too much. I really love it!!
That's exciting! Thanks for the description. I am adding Innocent to my wishlist too :)
ega

Post by ega » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:44 pm

Mmm ... I'm glad I decided to order it even though it's a liquid gloss!

Can't wait to try it ... *impatient*
Foundation Mix: 3 x Buttery Gold : 2 x Yellow Booster : 0.5 x Green Booster : 57 x Original Ivory : 3 x Glow
Lips: Pure, Ambrosia, Reaction, Chemise, Flaunt, Cerise | Eyes: Grassroots Green, Goddess, Motive, Fuse