Moving disaster :(

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
JenW

Re: Moving disaster :(

Post by JenW » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:57 am

Yayyyyy! :D

And thar be lippies in the mail te ya! (In my most piratey voice!) ;)
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
zooeyblue

Post by zooeyblue » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:39 am

Yay! :D I'm glad to hear you found it.
~Tracy~
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:07 pm

JenW wrote:Yayyyyy! :D

And thar be lippies in the mail te ya! (In my most piratey voice!) ;)
Oh yes, yet another benefit :D
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:03 pm

Yay!!! I would have screamed too...followed by an exuberant happy dance! The dog (and DH) are pretty much used to my odd quirks by now! ;) Or, well, as used to them as one can get. :lol:

And good on you for choosing to find the good within the frustration! I think I drive people batty with my persistence in finding the silver lining in things (after a bit of a temper tantrum at the crappiness of it all)...but I swear, sometimes it's the only thing that gets me through life with a smile on my face! That, and the support of all the awesome people I have the good fortune of knowing! :D
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:08 pm

superwahz wrote:Yay!!! I would have screamed too...followed by an exuberant happy dance! The dog (and DH) are pretty much used to my odd quirks by now! ;) Or, well, as used to them as one can get. :lol:

And good on you for choosing to find the good within the frustration! I think I drive people batty with my persistence in finding the silver lining in things (after a bit of a temper tantrum at the crappiness of it all)...but I swear, sometimes it's the only thing that gets me through life with a smile on my face! That, and the support of all the awesome people I have the good fortune of knowing! :D
Totally agreed!
ladycattat

Post by ladycattat » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:47 pm

So happy for you sweetie!
When we moved 4 months ago, I had this one box I was looking for that had some pictures in it...not photographs, but ones you hang on the wall. For some dumb reason it was madly important to me that we find it, and NOW!
We must have searched every single box at least 3 times (and all the ones stuck in the garage for storage) and still didn't find it, only to discover it sitting on the kitchen table(way mislabeled by my 10 yr old daughter, who had been trying to help!)
It's your stuff, and you need it, and you feel powerless without it, especially when your whole world is changing. We all can sympathize!
But, da....aym....still wanted to race on the freeway!!!!!
HaHA,
Laurie
xx
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger
lwoodall10

Post by lwoodall10 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:06 pm

So sorry the move is going badly for you. Seems like they never go off without a hitch, but hopefully everthing has settled down. When we moved I would let the movers touch my makeup case. The funny thing is I have mine in a Plano tackled box, it's ugly, but it is perfect for storing the massive amount of make up I have. Anyway, the mover had it in his hands and was walking towards the truck and I ran up and snatched it from him and told him he could leave it with me. He probably thought I was kookoo :lol:
sewwies

Post by sewwies » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:38 pm

Yayeee!!!
~~Sarah~~
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:08 am

ladycattat wrote:So happy for you sweetie!
When we moved 4 months ago, I had this one box I was looking for that had some pictures in it...not photographs, but ones you hang on the wall. For some dumb reason it was madly important to me that we find it, and NOW!
We must have searched every single box at least 3 times (and all the ones stuck in the garage for storage) and still didn't find it, only to discover it sitting on the kitchen table(way mislabeled by my 10 yr old daughter, who had been trying to help!)
It's your stuff, and you need it, and you feel powerless without it, especially when your whole world is changing. We all can sympathize!
But, da....aym....still wanted to race on the freeway!!!!!
HaHA,
Laurie
xx
Hahahhaha, that is now a permanent image in all our brains ;) Glad you find your stuff too!
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:09 am

lwoodall10 wrote:So sorry the move is going badly for you. Seems like they never go off without a hitch, but hopefully everthing has settled down. When we moved I would let the movers touch my makeup case. The funny thing is I have mine in a Plano tackled box, it's ugly, but it is perfect for storing the massive amount of make up I have. Anyway, the mover had it in his hands and was walking towards the truck and I ran up and snatched it from him and told him he could leave it with me. He probably thought I was kookoo :lol:
OMG, too funny! Yeah, I will never let it out of my sight again :)