Butter Cream formula is a dream!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
JenK

Butter Cream formula is a dream!

Post by JenK » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:05 pm

I got a GWP Heirloom and the formula is a DREAM!! It even stayed on eating pizza and drinking soda. My lips tend to look dry and cracked even when they aren't, but this makes them look smooth and hydrated. The color is very pretty, may not be the best for me but I would still wear it.

My Cassis was shipped today!!! Can't wait.
lwoodall10

Re: Butter Cream formula is a dream!

Post by lwoodall10 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:29 pm

I can't wait to try them...I am hoping my stuff will come in todays mail :mrgreen:
JenK

Post by JenK » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:44 pm

lwoodall10 wrote:I can't wait to try them...I am hoping my stuff will come in todays mail :mrgreen:

My Cassis came today!! It is just as karen said, a purple version of raisin. I got Heirloom and Honeysuckle as GWP (yes, I got 2 orders this week...sad, I know), I was so excited!!

I got Desire and Nude Beach this week and really like both. Desire sheer is a dream, fully applied not the best on me. I think it may turn out to be one of my favorites, as will Nude Beach (like better than Polished Pink).

What lippies did you order?
Trainer

Post by Trainer » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:39 pm

JenK wrote:
lwoodall10 wrote:I can't wait to try them...I am hoping my stuff will come in todays mail :mrgreen:

My Cassis came today!! It is just as karen said, a purple version of raisin. I got Heirloom and Honeysuckle as GWP (yes, I got 2 orders this week...sad, I know), I was so excited!!

I got Desire and Nude Beach this week and really like both. Desire sheer is a dream, fully applied not the best on me. I think it may turn out to be one of my favorites, as will Nude Beach (like better than Polished Pink).

What lippies did you order?
Jen,
Is casis a color we can wear during the day? Or do you think its too dark? We like a lot of the same colors!
JenK

Post by JenK » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:57 pm

Trainer wrote: Jen,
Is casis a color we can wear during the day? Or do you think its too dark? We like a lot of the same colors!
I was surprised how opaque and dark it is, for some reason I was thinking it would be a bit more sheer. It is very much like Raisin in formula and wear. It seems less bold than Raisin, guess b/c of the purple/grape color. You could easily wear it during the day w/ a simple eye and cheek (that is me most days). I wore it out to dinner tonight and it lasted a long time and faded evenly so it still looked nice (looked like a stain).
Ryvyan

Post by Ryvyan » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:15 am

I just had to look around the forum when I have all but decided on the lippies I want to get... and now I absolutely have to LOOK AT the butter cream lippies now :O
Liz Lemon: "I want to go to there."
berceuse

Post by berceuse » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:38 am

JenK, could you describe Honeysuckle a little more? How orange/bright/opaque is it on?
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:41 am

Jen sent me a sample of Cassis, and it is pretty dark, darker than I would have thought from the swatch (it looks very nearly as dark as raisin to me). I really like the colour, but it looks kind of gothic on my fair skin (and not in a good way, lol).
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:19 am

Oh, and I totally love the buttercream formula, especially with the plumper. Initially I was scared off by the idea of a plumper, as I don't like how they feel, and my lips are full enough anyway, but it just makes my lips look really moisturised, fills in all the little lines, and makes them softer than anything I have ever tried. I love the plumping buttercream formula so much I would buy all my lippies over again if they came in that formula!
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
JenK

Post by JenK » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:02 pm

berceuse wrote:JenK, could you describe Honeysuckle a little more? How orange/bright/opaque is it on?

This is very opague...like a lipstick. I have Temptation and don't find these very similiar. This is a golden orange w/ a hint of pink and a fine shimmer ( NO red at all on me). The shimmer in this reminds me of the shimmer in Polished Pink, really just gives a hint of depth, no glitter. The texture is a dream, really is like butta. Cassis isn't as buttery as this.