FOTD's- Share your pics!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
lwoodall10

Re: FOTD's- Share your pics!

Post by lwoodall10 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:40 pm

superwahz wrote:This is from yesterday. I decided to try Sizzle with Highbeam, turned out really pretty I think!

ImageImage

Foundation, Finishing Powders, Eye Shadow Primer (blended through the whole eye area to avoid the "ghost lid" look it sometimes gives), Clear Cream Liner (to foil lower lash line), and Mascara in black are all from SN.

Highbeam on the inner half of lid and foiled on the inner half of the lower lash line. Sizzle on outer half of lid, crease, and foiled on the outer half of lower lash line. Whipped Cream as highlight under the brow, and inner tear duct area. Satisfied as blush. Temptation, blotted, with Gleaming layered over it to soften the color a bit so it didn't overpower the eyes!
That look is so pretty on your eyes. :)
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:42 pm

Ahhhh, very nice! I love the combination of those shadows, something I would have never thought of. You do well with the undereye lining too, any suggestions on how make it not fall out and crumble much?

superwahz wrote:This is from yesterday. I decided to try Sizzle with Highbeam, turned out really pretty I think!

ImageImage

Foundation, Finishing Powders, Eye Shadow Primer (blended through the whole eye area to avoid the "ghost lid" look it sometimes gives), Clear Cream Liner (to foil lower lash line), and Mascara in black are all from SN.

Highbeam on the inner half of lid and foiled on the inner half of the lower lash line. Sizzle on outer half of lid, crease, and foiled on the outer half of lower lash line. Whipped Cream as highlight under the brow, and inner tear duct area. Satisfied as blush. Temptation, blotted, with Gleaming layered over it to soften the color a bit so it didn't overpower the eyes!
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:33 pm

OMG you guys really know how to make a girl blush! :oops: And here I was, feeling self conscious in the presence of such beautiful women! Thank you for all the sweet compliments!

Feyith- Why thank you! But my skin is not perfect by any means, though it is a lot better than it used to be thanks to a change is skincare and diet! 2 years ago I did a photo series showing my face with no makeup, then layering on SN bit by bit. I was trying to see if indeed it did work as well as liquid foundation and powder. Turns out, on my skin, it works even better! Feels like nothing is on, but magically my hyper-pigmentation, acne scars (I had bad acne as a teen), large pores, and the ever-present red rash across my nose and cheeks disappear. The effect looks even better in photos for some reason. I love it!

Egerandi- I have a lot of problems with fallout too. But, with lighter colors it's easier to clean up afterwards! I dust any loose shadow off and reapply a good coat of finishing powder under my eyes and on my cheeks...it helps. As for the actual foiling, I use the cream liner and smudge my brush in it (a small detail brush), wipe the brush down briefly on the back of my hand to warm the liner, then rub it along where I want to foil. Then I take the same brush, dip it into the minerals, tap the excess, then apply it along where the liner is. Then, I take a dry brush, dip it into the minerals, tap, then pat it along the liner. The cream liner grips the dry minerals pretty well on the finer shimmer colors, the chunkier ones have a lot more fallout.
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:49 pm

zooeyblue wrote:You look gorgeous, Tiara! Now I have to get out Temptation and Gleaming. . . . introduce them to each other!!! :lol:

Hey, I'm an English teacher, and a little "exclamationpointitis" won't hurt anyone! ;)
Hah! Well there ya have it, point away everyone!! :D

Get those lippies out, put on some Barry White, and I'm sure they'll become good friends... :lol:
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:53 pm

superwhaz - you are super pretty! I love that eye look!
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:44 pm

Your eyes are so pretty! I love the color. Mine switch between green and grey, but yours are nice and smokey. That shadow combo is great on you.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:00 am

superwahz wrote: Egerandi- I have a lot of problems with fallout too. But, with lighter colors it's easier to clean up afterwards! I dust any loose shadow off and reapply a good coat of finishing powder under my eyes and on my cheeks...it helps. As for the actual foiling, I use the cream liner and smudge my brush in it (a small detail brush), wipe the brush down briefly on the back of my hand to warm the liner, then rub it along where I want to foil. Then I take the same brush, dip it into the minerals, tap the excess, then apply it along where the liner is. Then, I take a dry brush, dip it into the minerals, tap, then pat it along the liner. The cream liner grips the dry minerals pretty well on the finer shimmer colors, the chunkier ones have a lot more fallout.
Ah, gotcha, I'll try that next time. I guess I'm just inpatient, and try to just layer it on by itself and the more I layer, the more silly it starts looking. No wonder... I think I'll try something similar with Twister soon :)
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:27 am

Gorgeous look Tiara. I think I need highbeam (sigh, I thought I had ordered it... but I must have decided on whisper at the last minute).
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:08 pm

Thank you Oxana!

Xarata- Thank you! Aren't changing eyes a handy fashion accessory? :P I've never thought of my eyes as smoky, but I guess they do look that way in pictures! My cousin has piercing blue eyes and I used to wish I had her eye color, til I realized mine allow for a broader range of eye shadow colors. :lol:

Egerandi- I am generally pretty lazy too...and attempted to layer it on solo numerous times! But, like you said, it just ends up a big mess. Plus I noticed that foiling or using a damp brush brings out the colors much better than putting it on dry, and it stays around longer. So, I take more time and do it the proper way...just not every day. ;) I'd love to see your look with Twister when you do it, I bet it'll look great!

Lily- Aww, thank you! I'm always inspired by the beautiful pics you post with combos I wouldn't think of. And yes, you need Highbeam, especially since I think you've said before you can wear gold and peach tones, and I think it would look lovely with your eyes and skin!
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:57 pm

ImageImage

Oh darn!! It was HB or Madison that was my pick for my GWP. I must get this one. HB next time. Ya, I love Madison too, but HB is next on the list. You make it look great superwahz. ;) :)
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!