Gumball Lippie Discussion Thread

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
buscardelalma

Re: Gumball Lippie Discussion Thread

Post by buscardelalma » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:03 pm

Xarata wrote:
buscardelalma wrote:I Have tried all the gumballs. I can say I LOVE the feel of them all! Esp. The liquid wand. The only CON for me is the colors :( I know this might be Contrary to what most women are saying, and it's great that they are working for some(PINK and REDs don't work for everyone). BUT I feel like we NEED some colors for tan/dark women too! I would really love to see a brown lip gloss. And more matte/little bit sparkle or Opaque color PLEASE! I know this is just my opinion. Sincerely, Rose

ETA: Even Skinny dip which is the brownest lippie on the site looks pink on me!
i like browns and nudes too and agree there's a vast shortage of them (which i believe is do in part to the fact that a lot of caucasian women seem to really hate brown lippies). Maybe Karen will make a new brown lippie or two(and mind you, I AM caucasian), but in the meantime, i recommend:

Birthday Suit Image
Caramel Image
Desire Image
Nude Beach Image
Raisin Image
Iced Mocha Image

eta: There used to be a brown lipstick called decadent but it was phased out with all the lavish lip creams:
Thanks so much for your recs Xarata! I actually have all those(which I love!) except for Desire and iced mocha
Here is a pic of me wearing Skinny dip ... I think I just have lips that soak up the brown :?
Attachments
P1060777.jpg
P1060777.jpg (23.47 KiB) Viewed 2367 times
buscardelalma

Post by buscardelalma » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:12 pm

Actually, you're not the only one! Several people commented on the "too pink" problem in the lipgloss thread. I'll repost my comments from there below since it fits in this thread. ;) Have you tried Black Dahlia or Modern Poet? They aren't brown, but they aren't really pink either. :D
I have actually and I LOVE them both! I think I will try sweet nothing based on all the ladies recs! :D I guess I was just saying another brown lippie or 2 would be lovely ;) Oh and Bon Bon looks BEAUTIFUL I would def. buy that! Alot of the discontinued lippies look awesome Sherry also...and all the brown ones :)

Oh yes and thank Karen for understanding our lippie ADDICTION! LOL
Here's a pic of me wearing black Dahlia:
Attachments
th_P1050657.jpg
th_P1050657.jpg (3.83 KiB) Viewed 2356 times
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:27 am

OK, like everyone else in the world, I love love love St. Tropez. I also like that I can keep it in my pocket for touch-ups, and not worry about it melting.
I can wear stockholm and barcelona, have only tried them on briefly though (I got 6 new lippies plus the balm today, so only my 2 favorites got a good trial). I haven't tried the TV lip balm yet.
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:36 am

Oh, and with regards to the pink lippy thing - I think I am weird, because the ones on Karen's list aren't the ones that turned bright pink on me. The ones I couldn't wear were foreplay, breathless, best friends, very berry... I've re-homed them all so that is all I can remember. Birthday suit was too brown on me, it made me look dead. Some of the actual pinks look fine on me, I really like berry nice, and I can wear pout and damsel and carnation for example.
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
clivia

Post by clivia » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:27 am

I just got my order and the first thing I wanted to try was St Tropez. I took a first look at the color and then dipped the applicator to get some more gloss on it, to my surprise I noticed the doe foot thingy was gone when I was about to put it on my lips. Is this a common problem whit these tubes or is it just mine? The color looks beautiful but the hole is so tiny I'll never get a lip brush in to it. Would it be possible to get e new applicator?
JenW

Post by JenW » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:34 am

clivia wrote:I just got my order and the first thing I wanted to try was St Tropez. I took a first look at the color and then dipped the applicator to get some more gloss on it, to my surprise I noticed the doe foot thingy was gone when I was about to put it on my lips. Is this a common problem whit these tubes or is it just mine? The color looks beautiful but the hole is so tiny I'll never get a lip brush in to it. Would it be possible to get e new applicator?
I think it is just your applicator. I don't know about getting a new applicator. You might want to send an email about that one. I do know the reducer does come out so you could get a lip brush in it.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:25 pm

hmph... Honey(my dog) thieved my tahitian vanilla- it something she does specifically when she's being ignored, i'm sick and made her come in the house so she ate my tahitian vanilla while i napped. grrrrr... i loved that lip balm.
hope the lippie release comes soon...

speaking of which...there's a "buttercreams" tab under the lippies...nothing in it but it IS there. ;)
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:35 pm

Xarata wrote: speaking of which...there's a "buttercreams" tab under the lippies...nothing in it but it IS there. ;)
Hehe not so sick that you can't spot a potential new product :D (Get well soon hugs) I saw that and wondered whether to mention it or not incase it caused a stampede and server overload. Very, very exciting! How do new uploads always seem to start as it's nearing midnight, my time? Like I'm gonna sleep now!! :lol:
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:11 pm

Wow not much gets by you...sick or not!! I hope you feel better soon. Yes, there may be a small "amuse bouche" collection up a little later today. I'll explain in more detail a bit later ;) - but Cupcake, it's looking like it's going to be waaaay past a normal person's bedtime.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
feyith

Post by feyith » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:45 am

Does anyone still have the descriptions? I am gifting mine to a friend and wanted to send her a copy of all the info.