New Gumballs are up!!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
LT16

Re: New Gumballs are up!!!

Post by LT16 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:17 pm

fern wrote:
LT16 wrote:Just got an email that my order shipped!

Tell me it's natural to be this excited about getting Gumballs. ...wouldn't it be funny if we actually got real gumballs to chew on with our order? Ha!
Hi! Fern from vox here :) My order has shipped as well, I just had to try the new formulas...
Hiya Fern!!! :) We'll have to oogle each other's order on our blogs when it gets here. Ha!
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:18 am

JenK wrote:feyith & Lwoodall10,

CACA, CACA,CACA!!!!!! One of the gumballs is gone!!! CACA!!

When I was a kid I had a friend whose Mom used to say that so we picked it up pretty quick! Haven't run across too many other people who use it though, so I did a double take when I saw this! :lol:
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:42 am

i had a friend whose family said it- they were italian so i always just thought it was an italian thing. guess not...:)

eta: apparently it's spanish...
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:03 am

Xarata wrote:i had a friend whose family said it- they were italian so i always just thought it was an italian thing. guess not...:)

In Hungarian it's spelled kaka :D
Oh, good old Europe...
clivia

Post by clivia » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:32 am

egerandi wrote:
Xarata wrote:i had a friend whose family said it- they were italian so i always just thought it was an italian thing. guess not...:)

Oh, good old Europe...
And in Swedish kaka=cookie, to funny :lol:
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:26 pm

clivia wrote:
egerandi wrote:

Oh, good old Europe...
And in Swedish kaka=cookie, to funny :lol:
Oh, haha, good to know!
extemter

Isn't "caca" French?

Post by extemter » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:57 pm

I always thought caca was French . . .

I haven't checked SN in days -- maybe even weeks -- so I missed out on the gumballs.
Pomi

Re: Isn't "caca" French?

Post by Pomi » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:06 am

extemter wrote:I always thought caca was French . . .
We do say it in French... But the Spanish use it too, so it may be a big European thing?
Or it really is of French origin and we addicted everyone else to the word :lol:
feyith

Post by feyith » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:20 pm

Ladybug914 wrote:I almost didn't even order Stockholm because the color description didn't sound like one for me, so it is likely one I will be happy to swap away. Let's touch base after we each get our items!
I got my order today and am very surprised to say that my favorite out of the bunch is St. Tropez. I normally can't stand liquid wands but the color and texture of this one is very nice. It's the nude pink I've been looking for - kinda like if Modern Poet and Summer Fling had a baby - and it smells and tastes pretty nice too. :)

I really like the texture of the other two but they're so sheer, I feel like I may as well just use lip balm. :?

Stockholm is very pretty in the tube; the color reminds me of a cross between Winter Rose (deep plummy pink color) and Black Dahlia (the swirly plum and gold texture and complexity of it) but on my lips, it's surprisingly the sheerness of Ice Princess. So if you're looking for a toned down, sheer version of the dramatic plum glosses, it's great! - But on me, I definitely need more opacity. :(

On the other hand, this sheerness makes Barcelona a peachy red that I might actually be able to wear. Reds normally make me look like a clown/hooker/geisha and vibrant peachy pinks like Best Friend settle into the little lines in my lips and clash with the dark color, but Barcelona doesn't do that. I'm still undecided about what I would wear it for, but it can't hurt to have a peachy red in my purse/makeup bag, right? ;)
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:04 pm

Got my gumballs today! Woo!

Okay so I LOOOOVE the buttercream lip glosses. LOVE.

Stockholm, as has been pointed out above, is a sheer plum/lavender kind of shade. It cools down my lips, but not as much as Rhonda did. It seems to have warmth behind it, but not enough to make it a "warm" color. I would classify it as neutral. I think this would look good on a variety of skin tones. I, too, wish for a more opaque gloss, but I tell you what, I think I'm going to be wearing Stockholm quite a bit. On my lips, it is like Rhonda and Mirage had a baby and it got the best traits of both. Swatched on skin, it's like this shimmery rosey-lavender-pink.

Barcelona, I agree, is a warm red for people who can't wear red, but it doesn't come across as "red" - I think it's more orange. It is more like a wash of warm color and almost looks orange-red on me, though it's sheer enough that it looks natural and casual. I think it would make a good office color or casual going-out color. It is more on the opaque side than Stockholm but is definitely a gloss and not a lipstick. I was scared of this color when I saw the description on the site, but I needn't have been, because I think this would pair well with any warm wash of eyeshadow. Barcelona is like if Caramel got all tarted up with shimmer lotion and a little red dress to party in Vegas. Wow, that makes very little sense. But it's exactly how I feel. Maybe it would make more sense if I said that Barcelona is like Desire when it's just gotten home from the office and is still wearing its collared shirt and tie but has changed into its sweatpants and flip-flops.

Ahem. Anyway. LOVE.