Sale Questions....

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Re: Sale Questions....

Post by karen » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:55 am

@Autumn- you weren't the only one to pick free shadows instead of free lippies. There were quite a few that did that.

I don't have a compelling reason to say "You MUST pick free lippies for the sale"- so I figured we'd just go with the flow, and give people the freebies they requested. The only reason we did the free lippies is because it seemed like fun....they are a bit more difficult to make than eye shadows, so we can't do it every day, and I like to keep things as steady, consistent and predictable as we can. That just makes life a little easier for everyone. But, once in a while it's fun to switch things up a bit, so that's why we did it.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Trainer

Post by Trainer » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:56 am

lilychemgirl wrote:I remember reading somewhere that the free lippy replaces the free eyeshadow.
I confused, sorry! :D Is there one gwp vegan e/s that everyone gets for under 20? If you spend over twenty do you get the e/s and the lippie? Also, do you think the lippie is clear (like a lip balm) with a hint of sparkle because it doesn't have any dyes?
On edit...did it say what kinds of things were in the sacks of stuff? Also anyone know how much they were, I'm trying to get my cart together now! ;)
selki

Post by selki » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:04 am

I can't answer your other questions, but the grab bag was 75 cents, & I think the lippie will be colored (using mineral colors), but it sounds like it will apply pretty sheerly.
"The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals." ~ Anonymous
JenW

Post by JenW » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:05 am

Trainer wrote:
lilychemgirl wrote:I remember reading somewhere that the free lippy replaces the free eyeshadow.
I confused, sorry! :D Is there one gwp vegan e/s that everyone gets for under 20? If you spend over twenty do you get the e/s and the lippie? Also, do you think the lippie is clear (like a lip balm) with a hint of sparkle because it doesn't have any dyes?
On edit...did it say what kinds of things were in the sacks of stuff? Also anyone know how much they were, I'm trying to get my cart together now! ;)
As far as I know the GWPs are lip products for today. However, if you would rather have an eyeshadow, put a note in your order and she would probably send the eyeshadow GWP for the days after the sale. I know it will not be a lip product and an eyeshadow both. The lip products are not clear, but lightly tinted. As for dyes, my bet is that she went dye free, but I cannot confirm that.

The color is sheer enough that I am confident letting my 12 yo wear it.

Sacks of stuff were listed to be 2-4 items with one likely to be a full size. Items are very similar to what the Surprise ME Gumballs have been over the last few months. The items are likely not vegan, so if you prefer vegan products, it might not be a good choice for you.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Trainer

Post by Trainer » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:07 am

JenW wrote:
Trainer wrote:
As far as I know the GWPs are lip products for today. However, if you would rather have an eyeshadow, put a note in your order and she would probably send the eyeshadow GWP for the days after the sale. I know it will not be a lip product and an eyeshadow both. The lip products are not clear, but lightly tinted. As for dyes, my bet is that she went dye free, but I cannot confirm that.

The color is sheer enough that I am confident letting my 12 yo wear it.
Awesome! How fun! I'm sure my 12 yr old will steal it from me! I'm getting her her own sparkle too, which she loves of mine. ;)
JenW

Post by JenW » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:09 am

I was adding the info on the sacks on my previous post when you posted...... ;)
Faves-
clivia

Post by clivia » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:26 am

Just wondering if the brush set (ultimate?) shown in the video is included in the sale?
stefami

Post by stefami » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:27 am

Jen or Karen,

how soft is the white flat top kabuki? After trying all the ultimate line brushes, my skin is a little spoiled. Are the bristles rough in comparison? I am trying to convince myself that I don't need more brushes ( or do I?) :lol:
la_canadiense(01)

Post by la_canadiense(01) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:30 am

karen wrote:@Autumn- you weren't the only one to pick free shadows instead of free lippies. There were quite a few that did that.

I don't have a compelling reason to say "You MUST pick free lippies for the sale"- so I figured we'd just go with the flow, and give people the freebies they requested. The only reason we did the free lippies is because it seemed like fun....they are a bit more difficult to make than eye shadows, so we can't do it every day, and I like to keep things as steady, consistent and predictable as we can. That just makes life a little easier for everyone. But, once in a while it's fun to switch things up a bit, so that's why we did it.
That's great Karen! you are so accommodating! I have since found enough to get to 40 anyhow!
I think everyone was too excited to even see the front page of the site today!

Was EDM Buff Perfect. Currently, 1:8 Original Ivory, Warm Gold. !!! Loving SN :)
JenW

Post by JenW » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:33 am

clivia wrote:Just wondering if the brush set (ultimate?) shown in the video is included in the sale?
I did not see it......
Faves-