Wand Gloss Size Change?

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Rhys

Wand Gloss Size Change?

Post by Rhys » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:38 am

I just got a new wand gloss and noticed it's only about 2/3 the size of the normal ones. The tubes are the same diameter, but this new one is much shorter. Is it just this batch of tubes, or is this a permanent change?
Trainer

Re: Wand Gloss Size Change?

Post by Trainer » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:24 am

Rhys wrote:I just got a new wand gloss and noticed it's only about 2/3 the size of the normal ones. The tubes are the same diameter, but this new one is much shorter. Is it just this batch of tubes, or is this a permanent change?
Rhys,
Karen told me that it is a new tube but the same amount of gloss, when I emailed her this question a few months ago.
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:42 am

Strange - the tubes I got last week were normal size, but this one is definitely smaller than those.

I've been picking up backups and refills every couple of weeks - almost there, but I think I'm going to have to buy them by 2s instead of 1s.
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:08 pm

I thought they were pretty tiny to begin with... although I have only bought one, and that was ages ago. Can someone post a pic of the current tubes next to one of the solid gloss tubes, for comparison?
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:06 pm

I don't have a camera Lilly, but the old wand gloss tubes are 6.5 centimetres in length, and the new ones are 5.5 centimetres. They're both 4.5 centimetres when I measure them around. The regular and black label glosses are 8 cm long, and 4 cm around. Hope that helps.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:29 pm

We've had a few changes, because our supplier kept changing manufacturers, but the net weights are all very very similar. Some are longer and thinner, some are thicker and shorter- and there are some with thicker walls than others.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:32 pm

Thanks for that, I think they are probably similar in size to when I originally bought one. Have you considered making a larger size Karen?
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥