FOTD's- Share your pics!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
lwoodall10

Re: FOTD's- Share your pics!

Post by lwoodall10 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:43 am

lilychemgirl wrote:Cherry blossom is quite a bit lighter than retro, for me retro is a colour I would wear on the lid (as a wash or inner half of the eye) whereas cherry blossom could be worn as a highlighter, but as I am fairer than you both might work as a highlighter... anyway, they are different.

I did send you stardust, I had tried to wear it twice and it looked awful on me, but today I tried the sample I got as a gumball with a clean blush brush and a light hand and I really like it, lol :lol: Maybe it is because I tried it in winter and I have a bit more colour now, or maybe I applied too much before??? Anyway, I have too many blushes and the sample will probably last me ages anyway. I am craving tart light at the moment (and precious, I still haven't bought a fullsize even though I looooved the sample, and it is very different to any other colours I have) so, I think those will be my next order, when the next lot of gumballs/clearance items come out.

Oh, and sorry those pics are so huge, lol, I usually resize but I was running late and forgot :lol:
I guess Cherry Blossom is going on the wishlist, as well as Sonic (Thanks Pomeline!). I am trying so hard to hold out for the clearance and gumball sale. I just love getting a good deal :) makes me feel better for spending my money.
lwoodall10

Post by lwoodall10 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:07 am

ImageImage

Hi, just did an EOTD because my skin is acting up :(

Clear Liner/Sealer on lids up to crease
Nymph ~ Inner 1/3 of lid and up just past inner crease
No Rules ~ (Sassy) Outer 2/3 of lid
Burnished ~ Crease
Nymph ~ Highlight
Nuit ~ lower lash liner

I wore Flair blush and Mimosa gloss, just in case anyone is curious. It was really pretty...I just didn't feel like showing you all my big ugly pimple :(
feyith

Post by feyith » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:25 pm

Susan, I always love your looks. I still cannot believe you're a day over 25! ;)

The "FOTD Challenge" thread on Chanty's is really inspiring me to do different looks.
I stepped outside of my usual browns and purples today and did a little bit of Bubbly and Burnished. :D

Hope the picture isn't too scary huge. :lol:
lwoodall10

Post by lwoodall10 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:32 pm

Thanks Emma :oops: ;)

I do really like that thread, but I don't feel most of the looks I could pull off or have skills to do them. I really like seeing everyone's results though and maybe one day there will be one I am not afraid of :shock:

I like Burnished on you, very pretty as usual ;) and your skin looks flawless *jealous*
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:42 pm

lilychemgirl wrote:Here's todays FOTD. I got a SN package yesterday (yay!) so thought I would do a look today with the colours I got. I am wearing cherry blossom as highlight, pink twink on the lid, cabin fever in the crease (I really love this, and I normally hate taupes, but it is so shimmery and pretty), and a sassy colour called Shameless as liner. I am wearing stardust on my cheeks, and sweet nothing lippy.
Sorry the pictures are crappy, my camera is misbehaving.
Oh, that looks really nice on you! The original Pink Twink is in my most popular rotation; lately I've been using it as outer V or crease with Purr on the lid. You could also try creasing PT with 9:59, or use Retro on lid and crease it with PT? I love pinkish colors, and have similar eye color and complexion as you. The only thing that didn't work for me is Sweet Nothing, but it looks fabu on you. Have you considered using Daydream or Centerfold when you use the cool pinkish shadows?
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:27 pm

Thank you :)
Yeah, I would probably use either winsome or 9.59 as a crease colour with pink twink, and cabin fever as a wash, but I had just got cabin fever (and the other two colours) that day, so I wanted to have a chance to use them :D
I don't own either daydream or centerfold, I have been totally loving swatches of centerfold I have seen recently (for some reason, I used to think it was similar to XXX, but it looks more like a mlbb colour in swatches?) and if it looks good on you it is likely to on me.
I am trying to hold off on lip colours, because I have some samples coming (thank you Susan and Sam!), but it is hard :lol:
I really really *need* precious, I had a sample and it was so pretty, and so different from anything else I normally wear, so that is top of my wishlist ;)
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
lwoodall10

Post by lwoodall10 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:02 pm

Lily, you haven't got your package yet? It seems like I sent it forever ago. :cry:
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:37 pm

Yeah, I am surprised, but it happens. Hopefully it will turn up soon!
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
MarieH

Post by MarieH » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:01 pm

All you gals looks absolutely beautiful :)
1 peach : 14 ivory heavy coverage
JenK

Post by JenK » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:01 pm

Feyith,

Great look!!! Love your lip color!

Lilly,

Have you tried Mimosa?? If you love Precious you may want to try it out.