Clear Lip Gloss with a hint of sparkle

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
Rhys

Re: Clear Lip Gloss with a hint of sparkle

Post by Rhys » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:19 pm

I dug out my old one - and a bunch more makeup (I need tackleboxes - yesterday!).

Okay, it'll sound awful.

I'm probably the only person here old enough to remember Mary Quant's white lipstick (which I accidentally re-created a couple of years ago in a moment of retro inspiration, but the less said about that, the better!)

This is like a milky-translucent white gloss with some sparkle in it - so if you layer it over a colour it'll bring down the intensity a little bit, but gives you a fair bit (not 1980s OTT) of shimmer and sparkle. I like it.

Never was a fan of the Mary Quant white - but that's what it made me think of when I finally found it again today and played with it some. So I guess it is more white-based, but again - translucent, not opaque.

A plain shimmery one would work just fine, thank you :)
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:51 pm

Here is a suggestion for lip balm if you like peppermint but don't like waxy: Dr. Bronner & Sun Dog. (One brand, two names)

It is smoooooth and sheer, no color. It comes in four flavors: Peppermint, Lemon-Lime, Naked, and Orange Ginger.

http://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/LIP.htm

Karen, if you ever make a regular lip balm, I want it to be like theirs.... except if the peppermint flavor could be more like a candy cane.... ohhh man. And I kinda want a sugary flavor like the lippies... something that tastes like a dessert. Maybe Vanilla-Orange.
~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm

Yikes, Rhys, move on over in remembering white lipstick & OTT eyes...ala Twiggy.

mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:45 pm

LOL, Mikie - I did take the occasional wander around Carnaby Street in the late 1960s whenever I was in London. I felt so out-of-place. Even then all I'd wear was a dusting of India Earth to give me a bit of colour - I could never pull off those looks.

About ten years ago almost the same thing could be found if you went to Camden Market at the week-end. Maybe we're doomed to keep recycling it!
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:33 pm

The worst part of remembering the OTT eyes and the white lipstick, is that there are some of us are actually old enough to have worn this style . My first lipstick was a very Twiggy color ( wicked white), I have no clue what the actual color was, but I was in 7th or 8th grade and had just started wearing makeup and definately thought i was cool.

Hollis
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:11 pm

I know, Hollis - I even remember the day the Kinks 'You Really Got Me' hit the Top of the Pops in the UK - 23 February 1963.

That's downright scary.
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:16 pm

Boy do you have that one right,I truly think somethings are better off left to memories, white lipstick being one of them :D .

Hollis