Blush, blush, and more blush!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
la_canadiense(01)

Re: Blush, blush, and more blush!!

Post by la_canadiense(01) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:40 am

Thanks JenW! Delighted to hear this. Now I can order my full size blushes over a few months time instead of one month!! Although, I just placed an order and ended up ordering more than I wanted, because I didn’t want to have to wait to put through another order to get some moisturizer and at least one full size blush, and I found I have money on pay pal! So that made the cost less! Yeah! :lol:
So, just another question…I ordered a full size flirt, but without having tried it in a sample :? . I liked the description, and I wanted a sort of pinky, plumy, reddy blush. I am loving forbidden, and I can pull it off even though I am cool toned, it is just such a nice colour, but it thought maybe I should get a more neutral one in full size before getting forbidden in full size since I can only wear it if I adapt my full makeup. I have samples of climax (too light), satisfied (liking this, but almost too light), stardust (too light… :( would love a more pigmented version of this), carnal (have yet to try but I know it will show up, and I loved BE Glee, so hoping this is of a similar vein), do you think flirt will be a good match? Or I guess it is hard to tell, and the swatch on the webpage isn’t so great, because it is not compared to any other colours, so I cant really tell how it will look on…but what colour is it similar to?
thanks! :D

JenW wrote:
la_canadiense(01) wrote:JenW!! Does that mean all the blushes currently available will no longer contain silk? So if I want mine to be with silk I should buy now? Or will only new blushes not be with silk??
If I put them in the freezer will that extend their shelf life? When will this change happen?? I am loving the silk in them…so I might need to stock up, then I certainly will be getting at least 10 full sizes at one time!! My DH is gonna kill me…
The current blushes will remain as they are. Which is good because I kind of view them as perfection!

Was EDM Buff Perfect. Currently, 1:8 Original Ivory, Warm Gold. !!! Loving SN :)
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:44 am

la_canadiense(01) wrote: …I ordered a full size flirt, .... I liked the description, and I wanted a sort of pinky, plumy, reddy blush. ...... I have samples of climax (too light), satisfied (liking this, but almost too light), stardust (too light… :( would love a more pigmented version of this), carnal (have yet to try but I know it will show up, and I loved BE Glee, so hoping this is of a similar vein), do you think flirt will be a good match?
Flirt might be far too soft and light for you. It's my staple blush but I find Satisfied almost too pigmented to wear. I'm glad you like Stardust - my HG - so in the same style you might like Gemini and Galaxy. These are also clones from the MAC Grand Duo series. They look to me to be softer tones of some of SN's bolder blushes like Forbidden and the d/c Enchanting (loved that).

I don't know if this would work, but if you love the tone of a blush but find it too lightly pigmented to wear, you could do an undercoat of something like Drama to add the darkness of depth to the skintone, like adding contouring, and then dust the blush over that so something of the depth and something of the nature of the blushes colour both show through? Hope this helps:

la_canadiense(01)

Post by la_canadiense(01) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:51 am

Thanks for your reply!
Would you be able to do a swatch of flirt, stardust and satisfied (assuming you have all three…). If flirt is indeed too light for me then I might swap it away. Or use it as a gift in a swap.
I don’t think I am overly dark, or even medium skin toned, I am currently about 7:1 (warm gold) which I guess is in between fair and medium/light. So I was surprised that I found stardust so light! I love the colour of it though, and would absolutely love a more pigmented version… (or would cosmic be a more pigmented version??) I can get some colour of I layer enough on, so it’s fine for me. I also got a sample of charming and galaxie (this one looks great for me!)

Anyhow, thanks for your help!

Cupcake wrote:
la_canadiense(01) wrote: …I ordered a full size flirt, .... I liked the description, and I wanted a sort of pinky, plumy, reddy blush. ...... I have samples of climax (too light), satisfied (liking this, but almost too light), stardust (too light… :( would love a more pigmented version of this), carnal (have yet to try but I know it will show up, and I loved BE Glee, so hoping this is of a similar vein), do you think flirt will be a good match?
Flirt might be far too soft and light for you. It's my staple blush but I find Satisfied almost too pigmented to wear. I'm glad you like Stardust - my HG - so in the same style you might like Gemini and Galaxy. These are also clones from the MAC Grand Duo series. They look to me to be softer tones of some of SN's bolder blushes like Forbidden and the d/c Enchanting (loved that).

I don't know if this would work, but if you love the tone of a blush but find it too lightly pigmented to wear, you could do an undercoat of something like Drama to add the darkness of depth to the skintone, like adding contouring, and then dust the blush over that so something of the depth and something of the nature of the blushes colour both show through? Hope this helps:

Was EDM Buff Perfect. Currently, 1:8 Original Ivory, Warm Gold. !!! Loving SN :)
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:09 am

la_canadiense(01) wrote: Would you be able to do a swatch of flirt, stardust and satisfied

Now that's a good heavy fingerful applied on thickly, and it's taken in fading evening light outdoors. My hands are all pink as I've just come back from a long walk and it's soooo cold here (a few hundred miles north of you).

Putting in this darker one too as it shows more of the undertones better.
la_canadiense(01)

Post by la_canadiense(01) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:17 pm

Oh Cupcake, you are mad awesome 8-) !! thanks so much for these. They are fantastic swatches.
Indeed I think the flirt will me much too light for me, but now that I am thinking correctly, probably my mom can use it, so I think I'll add it to my Christmas gift for her!! that way I can try it out as well :) ;)

thanks very much for getting these swatches up so quickly as well. I can't believe how pigmented the stardust looks!! so funny! I do love it on, but i need to really put a good dose in order to show up, but luckily it doesn't go powdery (this is why i prefer more pigmented blushes, reduces the amount of powder I am applying...) but I asked my hubby to have a super close look and he couldn't see anything but colour!!
You are so helpful with everything (i am just after reading your comments on BFA's lipgloss thread), thanks!

Cupcake wrote:
la_canadiense(01) wrote: Would you be able to do a swatch of flirt, stardust and satisfied

Now that's a good heavy fingerful applied on thickly, and it's taken in fading evening light outdoors. My hands are all pink as I've just come back from a long walk and it's soooo cold here (a few hundred miles north of you).

Putting in this darker one too as it shows more of the undertones better.

Silverfern

Post by Silverfern » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:20 pm

OK Ladies I think I've tried at least 50% of SN's blushes and have another review. So you all know I LOVE Petal. Next up on my favorite list is Climax. It's very professional looking on me. (Oh something important...I'm scary pale...I can only wear Tart LIGHT if I put a spec on my cheek and blend like there's no tomorrow. I also have a very neutral skin tone, definitely not cool, maybe a tiny bit warm.)

Anyway...I just got Lovelace in a swap. I would never have thought to buy this but now I'm getting a full size when this sample runs low. It is Beautiful. It's apricot. what the what? Apricot. I would never have thought that would work on me. But it does "glow from within". It does make my dull winter skin look healthier. It does look neutral enough that I can wear it with a dark eye (which I've been loving lately and will post pics). It also works with a red lip and neutral eye.

I point out the red lip thing because I got Sultry lipstick a few weeks ago and I've been wearing Climax blush with it cause Petal looks a little odd with red (but perfect with Cultured). Now I have two options as a blush with the red. Lovelace seems a bit dressier on me, so I'll probably wear it more at night.

Ok I'm obsessed. I just need to admit it. I waaaaayyyyyy over think these things :)
Last edited by Silverfern on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:54 pm

Rhys wrote:If you're cool, try a sample of Stardust first. I can't wear it - it's not orange, but it's too peachy or something on me. Lots of cool-toned gals can wear it fine, though. But on me it's peach.

My pink is Tart Light. That's blue-based cooler than cool pink, so no worries on the orange or peach account.
Stardust looked really coral on me. I agree that sampling is appropriate.
While Tart Light is very cool, it is a much truer pink on me.

PS, Flirt is my favorite blush now that the original Foxxy has been discontinued. It's not exactly a true pink (at least, not on me) but it's natural-looking. So if your skin is darker than mine, you might choose Tart instead of Tart Light.
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:37 pm

Stellar is along the same lines as Stardust, but it doesn't have any peach in it - so that's a possibility. I like Tart Light a little better, but I really like Stellar, too.

La Canadiense, you should try Embrace. Just about everybody should, really. It doesn't look terribly exciting in the jar (and it seems scary dark), but it isn't when it's on. It's great for a daytime blush if you're looking for something other than pink. And I bet you'd rock Carnal, too.
pinkpomelo

Post by pinkpomelo » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:28 pm

Rhys wrote:La Canadiense, you should try Embrace. Just about everybody should, really. It doesn't look terribly exciting in the jar (and it seems scary dark), but it isn't when it's on. It's great for a daytime blush if you're looking for something other than pink.
I wore Embrace today. And I loved it. Then I came here and saw your post. Niiiiice!
faithtoh.blogspot.com
Currently foundation formula: 1 Warm Gold + 1 Ebony + 5 Heavy Ivory
Oil Control Blur Finishing Powder
Pristine Perfecting Powder or Date Bait
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:35 am

Just got a sample of Petal, and I guess I'm ordering Lovelace next :D

My current favorite is Desert Plum and Tart Light, and I mix in some Foxxy if I want to warm them up a little bit and add a touch of sparkle. I'v been wearing plummy and pink nude lips a lot, so those two compliment them well.