It made my day...

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Heathcliff79

Re: It made my day...

Post by Heathcliff79 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:10 am

My husband has been taking care of me the last few weeks and made a really delicious beef stew. He always goes out of his way to make things that I'll enjoy when he cooks. :-)
DawnD

Post by DawnD » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:17 am

My dogs brighten every day. No matter what is going on they always make me smile. I have 3 adorable Scotties named Quigley, Brodie and Charley. Quigley turns 8 years old today. I will have to do something special for him to celebrate!
ramastark

Post by ramastark » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:43 am

YOU Karen, you made my day..when I opened your message I felt happy to have such a warmhearted person as my daughter-in-law.
You know, I am the proverbial "soft touch" so I already gave my contribution to the "Medecins sans frontiers" the French equivalent, but what the heck, to help you attain your goal... I love you
robinbird_22

Post by robinbird_22 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:55 am

Since my fiance has been back home from National Guard officer training, he has been doing a wonderful job pitching in around the house (cooking and doing dishes in particular). It has been really nice to have that obligation off my plate as I continue to stress out over my first year of teaching.

I found a dress yesterday for the military ball we will be attending next month. I was really worried I wouldn't be able to find something that didn't scream either "senior prom" or "mother of the bride." It is a red, strapless, floor-length dress. No sequins or glitter, so it is very simple. I also have all of the accessories I need, so the only major decision now is what make-up to wear. :D

My fiance laughed at me last night because I'm so paranoid about spending money on make-up. He's going to try and buy a sousaphone soon, and he might be buying a tuba soon, so my make-up purchases are really just a drop in the bucket. :lol: (Don't worry, we aren't digging ourselves into a financial hole with our purchases - we are doing okay.)
ChristineLynnP

Post by ChristineLynnP » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:11 pm

What a wonderful idea. This made my day, to see what a wonderful person you are and how SN is looking to give back, when so many other companies don't seem to at all. Very well done.
Check us out on etsy: www.titanweave.etsy.com
photogoddess

Post by photogoddess » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:33 pm

what a wonderful idea!!

I had a blast yestarday shopping with my DD! We had a lot of fun and we found some awesome deals! I found high heals (adorable) for 6 bucks!! :) :)
Vroni

Post by Vroni » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:41 pm

Reading this thread made my day, too. And it´s only adding to other small things.
- Me and my boyfriend had a cuddly sunday breakfast together.
- Our dog is doing great. He´s old (turning 18 this year), so everyday he´s happy and devilish is a happy day for me.
- Being lazy and lounging around all day, reading a good book (ok, more like 2 already)

*turns on sappiness* For me, it´s those small things that make allow me go to bed content and happy. *turns off*
rubycat95

Post by rubycat95 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:09 pm

My husband works tirelessly to make a nice life for me and our two little girls. He has never once questioned anything I've ever bought from SN or any other website. Let's just say that my purchases range from sensible (SN) to luxury (3 Kindles from Amazon).....He finally had a chance to do something fun for himself by going to the NFL playoff game in Indianapolis (Colts vs. Ravens) w/a colleague/friend this weekend. I got a really nice note from him yesterday thanking me for "letting him do this".......it warmed my heart and made my day for sure.

Ruby
xraisonxdetre

Post by xraisonxdetre » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:17 pm

- My dad tried to make rice (my mom isnt here right now, so my dad is in charge of cooking) and it turned out to have the consistency of mashed potatoes. he was so proud of himself regardless..it was really cute :)
- My bf and I have gotten to see each other a lot this weekend (which never happens) and its been really nice
- I tried Nuit and it has the EXACT finish I have been craving and its just fantastic!
kinjali22

Post by kinjali22 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:06 pm

- I was actually able to sleep in till 11 am today
- Knowing that I have off tomorrow and I'll be able to sleep in later than my hubby (Can you tell I'm not a morning person :) )
- I got a swap and it included a really sweet note and an adorable card with a pic of a pug :)
- Knowing that even through these tough times, there are generous, kind-hearted people who are helping people in need