Q about gumballs (esp. toner concentrates)

tierra

Q about gumballs (esp. toner concentrates)

Post by tierra » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:14 pm

Hey,
Just got my order from this week! Whee!!!! :D
I snatched up ALL of the most recent gumballs and cant wait to try them ... but looks like everyone else wanted some too! ;)
Since they are sold out, the instructions dont appear on the website anymore. Can anyone remind me how we were supposed to reconstitute the toner concentrates? And, once diluted, how long would they be good for?
Also, on the salves, are they both good for lips and cuticles, etc.?
Lastly, the lotion bar ... use wet, after shower, right?
Sorry for all of the Qs, next time I'll copy down the instructions when placing my order! ;)
Thanks,
Tierra
Last edited by tierra on Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
egerandi

Re: Q about gumballs (esp. toner concentrates)

Post by egerandi » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:08 pm

The salve (or at least one of them if there was more) is still listed:
"It's fantastic as a cuticle balm. It feels nice on the lips, but absorbs pretty quickly."

And what? I missed out on the lotion bar gumballs? I thought they were still in the works... waaaaaaah!
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:44 pm

Yeah, the lotion bar was for using wet in the shower. The toner concentrates were meant to be mixed with 100mL of bottled/distilled water. The pumpkin salve was good for lips, and the carrot one was good for lips (esp. if you are prone to coldsores) and cuticles. That is all from memory though, so maybe someone else can confirm!
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
JenW

Post by JenW » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:34 pm

Here is the website info from one of the toner concentrates....
You'll get a 10-gram bottle of our toner concentrate and all you have to do is add it to 90 milliliters (6 tablespoons) of BOTTLED water (preferably distilled or even "Smart Water"). If you're adventurous you could try adding it to some herbal tea (again made with bottled water) or something like that. There's enough preservative in there to preserve the entire batch as long as you work very clean, and don't add more than 90 milliliters of water. Don't use anything sugary like juice.

You'll need to provide your own full-size bottle for mixing...we'd sell them here, but they're usually available in dollar stores or drugstores for a lot cheaper than we can ship them to you.

This is kind of along the lines of our pore refining toner- so it's versatile. You could use it as a setting spritz, or just about anything. It's very very hydrating and really plumps up your skin.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:53 pm

thank you for making a lemon balm for cold sores!!
selki

Post by selki » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:47 pm

I'm glad someone else asked these questions already. I got my order today & realized that I had the exact same problem. Thanks for the answers!!
"The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals." ~ Anonymous
packgal

Post by packgal » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:24 am

ooh, i love how the floral toner smells. yummy!
i like the lotion bars. they remind me of chagrin valley's cocoa butter mini bath melts, and i looove those.
packgal

Post by packgal » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:04 pm

may i ask why we should use only bottled water with the toner concentrates? i have a pretty nice water filtration system in my home (rainsoft) and i have been using that water as a toner for many weeks (while waiting for more SN toners to come out) with no problems. i was hoping i could just mix it with the concentrates instead of buying water for mixing.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:29 am

I specified bottled because it's stable without preservatives at room temp. Tap water varies so much around the country so bottled seemed like the safest way to go (I have chunky tap water at my house- despite filters we have mineral deposits on everything). If your home tap water is great go for it.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
la_canadiense(01)

Post by la_canadiense(01) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:34 am

sorry, just another question about this. I know what distilled water is, but I dont' think I can find it here (have searched in all the shops - maybe there is an irish word for it?). Can I use regular bottled water, like Evian? Or does that have too many minerals, etc. in it?
Love how the Floral concentrate smells. I absolutely LOVE sandlewood, so I cannot wait to try it out.

Was EDM Buff Perfect. Currently, 1:8 Original Ivory, Warm Gold. !!! Loving SN :)