Maiden & Negligee dupe questions

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
brandfire

Maiden & Negligee dupe questions

Post by brandfire » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:51 pm

Im really looking forward to ordering some SN lippies. I finally got myself to a MAC counter to look at some of the lippie colors there so that I could be more familiar with them and hence the SN colors. :lol: I'm interested in knowing more about Maiden and Negligee...and how they compare to their MAC counterparts. I tried on both MAC's Bare Slimshine and Velvet Teddy and to me the only difference between them was that the Bare SIimshine was shinier/glossier version of Velvet Teddy. Color-wise pretty much looked the same on me. So, I was wondering how do the SN versions (Maiden & Negligee) compare to the MAC ones? Would you say they are successful dupes or is there something I should know that makes the color/shine different in the SN versions? Also, do you think it would be justifiable in having both?

And now, lastly, what if I added Foreplay to the mix. This I presume is more peachy shimmer than either Maiden or Negligee...and would be completely different.

Thanks! :D
egerandi

Re: Maiden & Negligee dupe questions

Post by egerandi » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:12 pm

I don't have the Mac version of Maiden, but according to a reviewer, it's a good dupe. It's one of my favorites, a no-brainer when I want to do something very natural. It comes off as almost my lip color, and doesn't seem warm at all, just maybe a tiny tiny bit.

Negligee has more coverage as it's a lipstick, and it seems a bit on the browner side. I shy away from too warm lipglosses, so I didn't get this - but I may have to go to the Mac counter and test it, as it's looking better and better on the swatch :)

Foreplay would be the peachiest and sparkliest of the bunch, significantly different from the above too. I have Darling that it's being compared to in the description, and it's already leaning into the 'too warm' category for me.

BTW, I have pigmented dusty rose lips, and fair medium yellow but cool toned skin.
Autumn

Post by Autumn » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:54 pm

I don't own MAC so I can't comment on how close of a dupe the SN lippies are to MAC. I am happy with my SN lippies. All of them get worn and some I have duplicates.

But I do have three Clinique Black Honey. The dupe Nectar is just as nice. On me, Nectar is prettier than Black Honey. There is comparision swatch of the two just recently posted.
brandfire

Post by brandfire » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:15 pm

Thanks, Ive decided I will be getting Maiden and Foreplay and Black Dahlia. :)
rubycat95

Post by rubycat95 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:57 pm

Hope I'm not too late, but I have both Maiden and MAC Bare Slimshine and they are almost identical to each other. If I swiped side by side you would have a difficult time telling the difference. I love the color, it's one of my faves! But of course I love SN's version better b/c Karen made it :)
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:19 pm

Oh, Black Dahlia... you're gonna like that one :)
pinkpomelo

Post by pinkpomelo » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:07 am

Oooh maiden... my favourite MLBB colour.
faithtoh.blogspot.com
Currently foundation formula: 1 Warm Gold + 1 Ebony + 5 Heavy Ivory
Oil Control Blur Finishing Powder
Pristine Perfecting Powder or Date Bait