acne scars?

tabitl

acne scars?

Post by tabitl » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:02 pm

Okay, I tried searching on this topic but I didn't find what I was looking for. :X Forgive me if it's been asked uw85w3u489w3u498 times, I know that can get annoying!

Basically, I love Silk Naturals and Karen and especially her skincare. So what in particular can I use to help with scarring? Both dark spots and icepick scars. I read that the Vitamin C is helpful with that, which I have, but I also have the Super Serum and the Microdermabrasion Cream.. I just need a little guidance here! Please and thank you. : D
EtherealJane

Re: acne scars?

Post by EtherealJane » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:09 am

I'm certainly no expert, but I've noticed that my acne scars have gotten better as I've used chemical exfoliants. It seems to encourage my skin cells to turn over faster, and as a result, I feel like the scars fade more quickly, if that makes sense. I've been using GoW's 2% Lactic acid, but I'm ready to bump it up a notch. I've got samples of the AHA and the BHA in my cart, and I hope using them in combination will help clear up any problem spots (I'm mostly over the acne--now it's just blackheads and little bumps and the like) and help my scarring fade more quickly as well.

Hopefully others will pop in with more advice. It's great to see you here, Tabitl! I had this s/n on the EDM site before the first site change, and more recently I've been SamIAm.
mgmsrk

Post by mgmsrk » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:31 am

I think the Super Serum should help lighten the dark spots. Maybe the Holy Crow to help puff out the scars a bit
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we are taught." (Baba Dioum)

www.Maryah-CBPP.com
ChristineLynnP

Post by ChristineLynnP » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:44 pm

Hi Sam and Tabitl! So great to see familiar faces. This is my first post on this forum- YAY!

Are we allowed to talk about other brands on this forum? I've been using PCA products for scarring, but my main issues are pigmentation "scars." It's worked amazingly well so far, but it's so drying I can only use it every other day.
JenW

Post by JenW » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:17 am

In addition to the Super Serum, you might consider an AHA Toner which will help with cell turnover. I don't recommend using the Microdermabrasion Cream and the AHA on the same day. Also, the Super Serum does should not be used in the same application as AHA (use Super Serum during the day and AHA at night).
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
freesilk

Post by freesilk » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:13 pm

I have a lot of acne scars, and I've been using the AHA toner in the morning and night (I built up to doing this slowly), I let the toner dry while I brush my teeth, etc and then I apply Super Serum and Hemp Moisturizer. I'm still acne prone, but this combination seems to be working really well for me. During my PMS breakout period I only had one small pimple which quickly went away, and my scars seem to be fading.

(The only other part of my skincare regimen right now is I use KISS cleanser in the morning and night then dry my face before applying the AHA toner.
Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so. - Belva Davis
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:34 pm

That's great, Freesilk, but it's worth mentioning (and I don't mean to sound like a broken record) but there's an ingredient in the Super Serum which reacts with acids like AHA and BHA and which can cause the skin to turn a flushed red colour for a short period of time. If someone's following your advice, it might help if they also know that some find this redness reaction and, if they're not expecting it, they could be a little worried by it.
freesilk

Post by freesilk » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:44 pm

Good point, cupcake. My skin is pretty non-sensitive, I guess. I had a little bit of redness the first time I put on Super Serum after using the AHA, but not since then.
Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so. - Belva Davis