Allowing Items in Shopping Cart to be Moved to Wish List

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
chaye

Allowing Items in Shopping Cart to be Moved to Wish List

Post by chaye » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:46 pm

I've been playing with my Shopping Cart a lot lately and I wish there is a function/button that allows me to move the items I wish to purchase later back (that are in my shopping cart) to my Wish List instead of removing it completely.

It's such fun to shop here! But with so many new colors I just can't make up my mind sometimes and end up moving too many items from the wish list into my cart only to find out that I busted my budget. Hence a button to move those "extras" back to the wish list to save for later would be really helpful.
Lover of Tempt Tryst
tizzylou

Re: Allowing Items in Shopping Cart to be Moved to Wish List

Post by tizzylou » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:42 pm

I agree with this, I have often wished for a way to move things from my cart back to my wish list, when I have overspent my budget.
ega

Post by ega » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:03 pm

That's an excellent idea, and I would also love such functionality, for the same reasons. But in my opinion it would be even more useful if there was an option to copy an item to the wish list rather than move it there.

Similarly, it would be great if there was an option to copy an item from the wish list to the cart (currently you can only move it there, or delete from the list).

Just a thought :)
Foundation Mix: 3 x Buttery Gold : 2 x Yellow Booster : 0.5 x Green Booster : 57 x Original Ivory : 3 x Glow
Lips: Pure, Ambrosia, Reaction, Chemise, Flaunt, Cerise | Eyes: Grassroots Green, Goddess, Motive, Fuse
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:46 pm

I agree - sometimes I change my mind!
la_canadiense(01)

Post by la_canadiense(01) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:36 am

I definitely agree! Often I am messing around with the cart, or seeing swatches of things and I change my mind at least 10 times before hitting confirm…and if I want something in the wish list I have to click on the item and put it there manually, then go back to the cart and delete said item…. Takes sooooooo long (sorry for the drammmaaaa !! :? ;)
It would just make things easier…but from a website programming point of view it could be a bit of a job to put together I guess…..but this would be a great idea in the (near) future…!

Was EDM Buff Perfect. Currently, 1:8 Original Ivory, Warm Gold. !!! Loving SN :)
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:49 am

Me, too. I usually copy and paste into Atlantis (a mini word-processing proggie) when I'm doing up my lists first.

Then I change the cart ten times and hit confirm.

Then I decide there's something else I really really need and make a tiny order right after the big one goes through.

Probably no cure for that last, though...
freesilk

Post by freesilk » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:07 pm

I also agree!
Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so. - Belva Davis
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:03 pm

That's brilliant. I didn't realize it didn't work that way...it seems like basic common sense to let people move things around like that. The software that powers the site is "stock"- you can customize the look and feel of it, but other mods are custom coding projects. I'll see if it's possible, and what it would cost to do it after the holidays.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
lov2read68

Post by lov2read68 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:45 am

I would love to have this functionality! Thanks for looking into it Karen!
melon

Post by melon » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:58 pm

I agree - I'd love to be able to move things back and forth between my shopping cart and wish list. Thanks a million for looking into this, Karen!