Need Foundation Help? Please post here.......

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
JenW

Re: Need Foundation Help? Please post here.......

Post by JenW » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:10 pm

Babydoll-
I think the Warm Gold looks better, maybe a little livlier. The Ebony does not look bad, though.

In Warm Gold try 1:6 Medium...add more white if it seems like it needs more....in heavy mix Warm gold 1:5 and add more white if it needs it.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
BEERIT

Post by BEERIT » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:53 pm

Hi there! I am another EDM convert and am going to try to find my color here just like everyone else :D . In the summer I am a medium beige neutral and I was just going to try to find my EDM winter color when I decided to convert instead

This is me in natural light

and not

I really appreciate the help thank you so very much!
JenW

Post by JenW » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:16 pm

Hi Beerit,

You will need Ebony or Warm Gold for your color base. Ebony will be about 1 scoop color to about 4 or 5 Ivory....Warm Gold will be about 1 scoop color to about 7 scoops Ivory. It may turn out that a blend of the two mixes will work best for you.
Faves-
BEERIT

Post by BEERIT » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:18 pm

JenW wrote:Hi Beerit,

You will need Ebony or Warm Gold for your color base. Ebony will be about 1 scoop color to about 4 or 5 Ivory....Warm Gold will be about 1 scoop color to about 7 scoops Ivory. It may turn out that a blend of the two mixes will work best for you.
Thank you so much I'm placing my order now!
Emily

Post by Emily » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:36 pm

Hi!

I'm new here, another refugee from Everyday Minerals, where I wore Golden Fair.

I'm almost out of that, and need new foundation (and a new brand) stat!

I attached some old pictures (please excuse the cropped face) where I'm not wearing any face makeup. When looking at those, please pay attention to the neck - my face looks red/pink, but that's irritation, not undertones. I usually go for foundation that helps make my face be closer in color to my neck, and improved skincare has diminished a lot of the redness.

Other information that might help: my best match in Meow is Sleek Chartreux, I've tried 1 buttery gold:8 ivory (too dark), and 1 warm gold:8 ivory, which is also too dark, and also 1 ebony: 8 ivory, which is too brown, but might make a nice contour. I don't have very much ivory left, so I would like my next try to be close to right. Based on my pics, should I add the extra ivory to the buttery gold or the warm gold? Or are there other ideas?

P.S. Thanks, Jen for helping me on!
Attachments
face no makeup 2a.jpg
face no makeup 2a.jpg (6.84 KiB) Viewed 2641 times
face no makeup 3a.jpg
face no makeup 3a.jpg (10.84 KiB) Viewed 2640 times
JenW

Post by JenW » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:41 pm

Emily-

I would lighten the Warm Gold first. Sleek is probably about 1:10-12 in Warm Gold. I am guessing it will be yellow enough for you as I don't see a strong yellow.
Faves-
missyjo919

Post by missyjo919 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:27 pm

First JenW thank you with your recommendation for my foundation color! ;) I am trying again with just a drop of peach added to the mix but I never would have added any warm gold if you hadn't recommended it. I probably would have never found a right mix and given up. So thank you again!

Second could you please take a look at my cousins picture and make a color recommendation? She wants to start wearing makeup and I want to start her out right!

Let me know if you need a different view of her.
buscardelalma

Post by buscardelalma » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:42 am

Thanks soo much JENW you seem to be right on with your advice! Thank you! :)
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:04 pm

missyjo919 Your cousin looks like warm gold would suit to me - since there isn't the same reddish tone in her neck, she's probably not cool.

I could be wrong. But I'd start about 7 Ivory to 1 WG or close to that, and pick up an ebony sample just in case.
stefami

Post by stefami » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:11 pm

Hi Jen, another EDM convert here.

In EDM I am wearing Buff- Light Neutral right now, and it is the closest match I've ever had, but but still slightly peachy to me. I can tell that I have some yellow undertones, but the EDM yellows were too yellow and the Olives were definitely too green. My forehead is slightly darker than the rest of my face, and my face is more pink/peachy than my neck, which seems more yellow.

These pictures are in natural light near a window with no flash. I've gotten my sample kits a couple of weeks ago, but just haven't had the time to post a picture for advice. Can't wait to hear what you suggest!
FaceFront2.jpg
FaceFront2.jpg (54.97 KiB) Viewed 2591 times
faceSide2.jpg
faceSide2.jpg (45.72 KiB) Viewed 2591 times
Stephanie