Need help narrowing down my cart!

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
feyith

Need help narrowing down my cart!

Post by feyith » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:21 pm

Previously, I was looking to order the following from EDM:
* Boardwalk and/or Starry Eyed
* Mystic Night and/or Shady Violets
* Pink Ribbon and/or Walkie Talkie

Instead, my new SN cart looks like (so far):
* Brown Sugar or Mink
* Idolize or Rebel
* Bewitched (or ???)
* Baby Doll and/or Petal
* Quiver or Pop

And what about lips? I'm looking for something similar to Dolly. Would Breathless be a good choice?

I have never bought more than $10 worth of makeup before. This is quite scary.
Cupcake

Re: Need help narrowing down my cart!

Post by Cupcake » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:31 pm

Dolly looks like a brown with plum and some pink shimmer. Hmm, not colours I use so I'm not good at guessing a match for that. Breathless would be in the same colour family, not a dupe but a good alternative.

As for editing your cart, Brown Sugar and Mink are both superb. Mink is considerably lighter and Brown Sugar is richer with more complexity and subtle shimmer. You could use both together but if you're just starting out, try Mink first and pencil in Brown Sugar for order number two. Idolize - no-one regrets buying that one. Bewitched (or Velvet) would be a nice liner alongside your purples. It's no deeper than Starry Eyed (from what I remember of it - dark purple with green interference shimmer?) If you liked Mystic Night, look at Aubergine.

I don't think that Petal would show up on you so Babydoll would be a stronger pigment and quite a cool tone. If that's good for you, it's a pretty choice. Quiver or Pop? Ah! I love them both. I'd recommend Quiver first because Karen mentioned that she could only make a limited amount because of limited availability of the ingredients (therefor Pop will be around after Quiver has sold out).
feyith

Post by feyith » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:45 pm

Thank you, Cupcake. That helps a lot. :)

Except now I am having trouble deciding between the three purples (Aubergine and Velvet). They all look amazing! :D

Also, thanks for the tip about Quiver. I better get on that before I miss out! ;)
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:40 pm

For Dolly, I would recommend Fig Leaf. You can't go wrong with Breathless though, it's a favorite.

Other options: Rhapsody (very muted, but amazingly moisturizing) and Black Dahlia, if you like a little drama in your plum ;)